Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC over-ridden by browser

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I recently purchased a fully licensed version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and have discovered that even where I use the control panel to map pdf's to this program as the default program and right-click on a file and use 'Open with' to select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as the program for opening that file, the file opens in my Google Chrome browser. I see that there are various complaints online about this sort of problem. However, I question whether the root of the problem lies with the browser. Previously, on trying a trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I encountered an entirely similar problem with Microsoft Edge and needlessly wasted time using the advice I found online to disable this browser. I would really appreciate a sound solution to my current problem. It is frustrating to have paid so much money for software that is not fit for purpose.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File-type associations are the domain of the operating system, not the individual applications. If the association is not working correctly it's the fault of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I carried out some troubleshooting and discovered that the issue originates, more precisely, with the Hewlett Packard Sure Click Security System on my new laptop, which causes all pdf's to automatically be associated with Chrome (Not Google Chrome), no matter what efforts I have made to uninstall Chrome or change the default programme for pdf's among other obvious solutions. I have learnt to live with this, as there is an option on right-clicking on the file name to remove protection before opening the file (which is the simplest approach to ensuring that the file is opened with the chosen default program, Adobe Acrobat, DC).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat Pro just started opening up in Microsoft Edge. Did you find any solutions to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Deb,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know what you mean when you say, "Acrobat Pro just started opening up in Microsoft Edge."

Do you mean that PDFs are opening directly in Microsoft Edge?

Please check the default application set for the PDFs under the machine settings.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources