• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open... because it is either not a supported file type

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've seen a number of people post up here with the same error. However, the case I've run into is a little different. The person with the error has a particular use case. She has to do Equifax reports as part of her job. Once the report is produced she right clicks the web page and prints to PDF with the intention of emailing it afterwards. This works for a while (say from mornign to early afternoon) and then all of a sudden she gets the error message. Only way to fix it is to reboot. However, this has been progressively getting worse and rebooting 3 - 5 times a day is getting understandably frustrating. I can only hypothesize that some sort of Temp files are being created and when the PC is rebooted they are cleared. Anyone with a similar use case? or know of way to fix without rebooting? 

Hope someone can help! 

-Chris

TOPICS
Create PDF , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What print driver is used to print-to-PDF?

2. Please open one of these bad files in Notepad or Word. Look at the FIRST FIVE LINES and copy/paste them here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Test_Screen_Name, Thanks for helping.

1. She is using Microsoft Print to PDF

2. Here are the first 5 lines but obviously its going to show more in this text box lol.

PDF-1.4
%ª«¬­
4 0 obj
<<
/Title (eGrid)
/Author (Entrust IdentityGuard)
/Creator (Entrust IdentityGuard Self-Service)
/Producer (Apache FOP Version 0.95)
/CreationDate (D:20170213145147-05'00')
>>
endobj
5 0 obj
<<
/N 3
/Length 11 0 R
/Filter /FlateDecode
>>
stream
xœ–wTSهϽ7½P’Š”ÐkhRH ½H‘.*1 JÀ "6DTpDQ‘¦2(à€£C‘±"Š…Q±ëDÔqp–Id­ß¼yïÍ›ß÷~kŸ½ÏÝgï}Öº üƒÂLX € ¡Xáçň‹g` ð l àp³³BøF™|ØŒl™ø½º ùû*Ó?ŒÁ ÿŸ”¹Y"1 P˜ŒçòøÙ\É8=Wœ%·Oɘ¶4MÎ0JÎ"Y‚2V“sò,[|ö™e9ó2„<ËsÎâeðäÜ'ã9¾Œ‘`çø¹2¾&cƒtI†@Æoä±|N6 (’Ü.æsSdl-c’(2‚-ãy àHÉ_ðÒ/XÌÏËÅÎÌZ.$§ˆ&\S†“‹áÏÏMç‹ÅÌ07#â1Ø™Yár fÏüYym²";Ø8980m-m¾(Ô]ü›’÷v–^„îDøÃöW~™ °¦eµÙú‡mi ]ëP»ý‡Í`/ Š²¾u}qº|^RÄâ,g+«ÜÜ\KŸk)/èïúŸC_|ÏR¾Ýïåaxó“8’t1C^7nfz¦DÄÈÎâpù 柇øþuü$¾ˆ/”ED˦L L–µ[Ȉ™B†@øŸšøÃþ¤Ù¹–‰ÚøЖX¥!@~ (* {d+Ðï} ÆGùÍ‹Ñ™˜ûÏ‚þ}W¸LþÈ$ŽcGD2¸QÎìšüZ4 E@ê@èÀ¶À¸ àA(ˆq`1à‚D €µ ”‚­`'¨u 4ƒ6ptcà48.Ë`ÜR0ž€)ð
Ì@„…ÈR‡t CȲ…XäCP”%CBH@ë R¨ª†ê¡fè[è(tº C· Qhúz#0 ¦ÁZ°l³`O8Ž„ÁÉð28.‚·À•p|î„O×àX
?§€:¢‹0ÂFB‘x$ !«¤i@ڐ¤¹ŠH‘§È[EE1PL” Ê…⢖¡V¡6£ªQP¨>ÔUÔ(j
õMFk¢ÍÑÎè t,:‹.FW ›Ðè³èô8úƒ¡cŒ1ŽL&³³³ÓŽ9…ÆŒa¦±X¬:ÖëŠ År°bl1¶
{{{;Ž}ƒ#âtp¶8_\<Nˆ+ÄUàZp'pWp¸¼ÞïŒÅóðËñeøF|~?ŽŸ!(Œ ®„HB*a-¡’ÐF8K¸KxA$õˆNÄp¢€¸†XI<D<O%¾%QHf$6)$!m!í'"Ý"½ “ÉFdr<YLÞBn&Ÿ!ß'¿Q *X*(ðV+Ô(t*\Qx¦ˆW4TôT\¬˜¯X¡xDqHñ©^ÉH‰­ÄQZ¥T£tTé†Ò´2UÙF9T9Cy³r‹òåG,ňâCáQŠ(û(g(cT„ªOeS¹ÔuÔFêYê8 C3¦ÐRi¥´ohƒ´)ŠŠJ´JžJÊq)¡Ñèéô2úaúuú;U-UOU¾ê&Õ6Õ+ª¯Õæ¨y¨ñÕJÔÚÕFÔÞ©3Ô}ÔÓÔ·©w©ßÓ@i˜i„käjìÑ8«ñtmŽË9‡çÜÖ„5Í4#4WhîÓÐœÖÒÖòÓÊÒªÒ:£õT›®í¡ª½Cû„ö¤UÇMG ³Cç¤Îc†
Ó‘Ψdô1¦t5uýu%ºõºƒº3zÆzQz…zíz÷ô ú,ý$ýú½úS:!­· ñ†,ÃÃ]†ý†¯ŒbŒ6u=2V30Î7n5¾kB6q7YfÒ`rÍcÊ2M3ÝmzÙ 6³7K1«12‡ÍÌæ»Í‡-ÐNB‹‹LÓ“™ÃleŽZÒ-ƒ- -»,ŸYXÅ[m³ê·úhmonÝh}džbhShÓcó«­™-׶ÆöÚ\ò\ß¹«çvÏ}ngnÇ·ÛcwÓžjb¿Á¾×þƒƒ£ƒÈ¡ÍaÒÑÀ1ѱÖñ‹Æ
cmfwB;y9­v:æôÖÙÁYì|Øù¦KšK‹Ë£yÆóøó獹ê¹r\ë]¥n ·D·½nRw]wŽ{ƒû}žG“Ç„§©gªçAÏg^Ö^"¯¯×lgöJö)oÄÛÏ»Ä{ЇâåSísßWÏ7Ù·ÕwÊÏÞo…ß)´ÿ6ÿZ܀怩@ÇÀ•}A¤ AÕA‚Í‚EÁ=!pH`Èö»ó ç çw…‚ЀÐí¡÷΅…}Ž  ¯ aQÑ¿€º`É‚–¯"½"Ë"ïD™DI¢z££¢›£_ÇxÇ”ÇHc­bWÆ^ŠÓˆÄuÇcã£ã›â§ú,ܹp<Á>¡8áú"ãEy‹.,ÖXœ¾øøÅ%œ%Gщ1‰-‰ï9¡œÎôÒ€¥µK§¸lî.îžoo’ïÊ/çO$¹&•'=JvMÞž<™âžR‘òTÀT ž§ú§Ö¥¾N MÛŸö)=&½=—‘˜qTH¦ û2µ3ó2‡³Ì³Š³¤Ëœ—í\6%
5eCÙ‹²»Å4ÙÏÔ€ÄD²^2šã–S“ó&7:÷Hžrž0o`¹ÙòMË'ò}ó¿^ZÁ]Ñ[ [°¶`t¥çÊúUЪ¥«zWë¯.Z=¾Æ󵄵ik(´.,/|¹.f]O‘VÑš¢±õ~ë[‹ŠEÅ76¸l¨ÛˆÚ(Ø8¸iMKx%K­K+Jßoæn¾ø•ÍW•_}Ú’´e°Ì¡lÏVÌVáÖëÛÜ·(W.Ï/Û²½scGÉŽ—;—ì¼PaWQ·‹°K²KZ\Ù]ePµµê}uJõHWM{­fí¦Ú×»y»¯ìñØÓV§UWZ÷n¯`ïÍz¿úΣ†Š}˜}9û6F7öÍúº¹I£©´éÃ~á~遈}ÍŽÍÍ-š-e­p«¤uò`ÂÁËßxÓÝÆl«o§·—‡$‡›øíõÃA‡{°Ž´}gø]mµ£¤ê\Þ9Õ•Ò%íŽë>x´·Ç¥§ã{Ëï÷Ó=Vs\åx٠‰¢ŸN柜>•uêééäÓc½Kz=s­/¼oðlÐÙóç|ϝé÷ì?yÞõü± ÎŽ^d]ìºäp©sÀ~ ãû:;‡‡º/;]îž7|âŠû•ÓW½¯ž»píÒÈü‘áëQ×oÞH¸!½É»ùèVú­ç·snÏÜYs}·äžÒ½Šûš÷~4ý±]ê =>ê=:ð`Áƒ;cܱ'?eÿô~¼è!ùaÅ„ÎDó#ÛGÇ&}'/?^øxüIÖ“™§Å?+ÿ\ûÌäÙw¿xü20;5þ\ôüÓ¯›_¨¿ØÿÒîeïtØôýW¯f^—¼Qsà-ëmÿ»˜w3¹ï±ï+?˜~èùôñOŸ~÷„óû
endstream
endobj
6 0 obj
[/ICCBased 5 0 R]
endobj
7 0 obj
<<
/Type /Metadata
/Subtype /XML
/Length 12 0 R
>>
stream
<?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?><x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" rdf:about="">
<dc:title>
<rdf:Alt>
<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">eGrid</rdf:li>
</rdf:Alt>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources