• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Pack: Download zip file from acrobat.com to android smartphone

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe PDF Pack with Acrobat.com to do some electronic filing of my medical records. One of the documents I'm working with was scanned as a PDF without any text recognition. So, as I have done before, I exported the PDF (Saved on Acrobat.com) to a JPEG so that I could then re-convert it to a PDF with text recognition/searchable text.

The problem I'm having is that a file exported to JPEG is saved as a zip file on Acrobat.com and no matter how I try to download it to my Android phablet (Samsung Note 3), I get an error that the file cannot be downloaded and/or opened. Please see the following screenshots:

2014-09-17-16-23-56.png

As I don't have immediate access to a laptop night now, I need to find a way to get the zip file from Acrobat.com to my phaplet and unzip it as the Adobe PDF Pack PDF converter will not convert JPEGs in zip files and there is no way to unzip the file on Acrobat.com. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guitar Geek,

Since you have PDF Pack, I'm wondering why you opt for converting to JPEG, rather than Word format if you want searchable text? PDF Pack performs OCR by default--and you won't run up against PDF Pack saving your files as a .zip file, as it does with JPEGs.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sara,

Thanks for your reply to my question.

The reason that I opt for converting/exporting to JPEG vs. Word using PDF pack is because the documents (my personal medical records) with which I am working contain "OCR-readable" text, color/b&w graphics, and handwriting. I assume converting from the non-text searchable PDF (from my scanner) to a Word document would mean I would lose everything but the text or that the document would just be a jumbled up mess. Thoughts?

I'm simply trying to find the best way to digitally preserve my personal medical records as text-searchable PDFs using PDF Pack, my scanner, and my Android "phablet".

Regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ramzan please explain your problem in detail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources