• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Pack - How do I remove my own Password Protection?

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe PDF Pack, and the Annual Subscription appears to be current. It allowed me to Password Protect (only file opening) a file that I sent. I now want to remove the password protection, but I see Add under Protect, not Open. What should I do?

Thanks,

Joyce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

I upgraded to an Adobe Acrobat DC subscription because I needed to edit text in another .pdf, so I got an opportunity to try what had been suggested. I followed the Help instructions and successfully removed password protection. So, clearly the Canon Scanner software produced a valid and conforming PDF. Good to know, and many thanks to try67 and Akanccha.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preditor,

If I understand correctly, you are referring to the "Document Password Protection"?

Could you please help us with more details, how did you set up the password for document?

The "Protect" feature that you are looking under tools doesn't come up with the Adobe PDF Pack. You can use that with Adobe Acrobat DC subscription.

And can refer to the help document for detailed description- Securing PDFS with passwords, Adobe Acrobat

Hope this is what you were referring to, if not then please help us with more details.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I remembered I had scanned the document with my Canon Scanner’s software and saved as .pdf with a document opening password added. The software is Canon MP Navigator EX 710 Series (on Win 7 Pro). So, I guess I have to use that same software to remove the password protection. Somehow I assumed all .pdf could be edited by Adobe Acrobat.

Thank you for your help. I will wait for a reply in case you have an Adobe workaround for my problem.

Regards,

Joyce

(Preditor)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is a valid and conforming PDF then you could do it with Acrobat. If it's not, report the issue to the developers of the software that created it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I upgraded to an Adobe Acrobat DC subscription because I needed to edit text in another .pdf, so I got an opportunity to try what had been suggested. I followed the Help instructions and successfully removed password protection. So, clearly the Canon Scanner software produced a valid and conforming PDF. Good to know, and many thanks to try67 and Akanccha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources