• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Quality of Service

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 computers - a laptop and a desktop. I installed Acrobat DC and Acrobat Cloud on the laptop with no problem and they work fine. However, getting those programs to work on my desktop was another matter.( I'm entitled to use those programs on 2 computers.) Anyway, I have tried for at least the last 2 year spending many hours with a Bebashish and a Santosh and a Bomgar and a Sutya Parkash to install DC and Cloud on the desktop – with no luck. And when I go into the chat room for help, all I get is an offer of yet another tech who will take control of my computer and spend 2 to 3 trying to install the damn programs -- again with no luck.

They used to send transcripts of the chat. but they have stopped doing that. But that's OK because they don't use them as reference to catch up on my problem so I wouldn't have to repeat myself every time. But, hey, you do get a case number. You give 'em that and then go through your story again - for the umpteenth time.

Today, I spent an hour with Kajol, Tarun, and Raj. They all said they "could help me with that," tried to pass me off to another tech. What I really wanted to do was cancel my subscription, which, by the way I was being billed for twice a month – once on the 5th of the month and once on the 22nd. I gave the man the order numbers for each, but he said he could only cancel one because the other was under a different name. What? A little breakdown in communication don't you think? The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I started using computers back in the 80's starting with the IBM XT. Over the years I have installed and used dozens, maybe even hundreds of software packages. Any problems I had were resolved quickly. But Adobe has been a nightmare. Their programs are way too complex and awkward. The techs don't keep records of previous problems, so you have to start from scratch each time. But techs are fine and try to be helpful. No complaints there. And I suspect they are just as frustrated.

I have no problem with the programs themselves. But Adobe has a serious management problem. They desperately need a quality control policy. Maybe it doesn't bother others, but it sure as hell bothers me. I give 'em one star out of five.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?