Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XI Pro problem with form checkbox

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I created a form with checkboxes. When I click the checkbox, the page automatically moves to the next page. There is no JavaScript at all in the checkboxes nor any actions. What's causing this?

thank you

TOPICS
Adobe PDF pack , Create PDF , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Remove the calculation from the field "PageNum".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67 thank you for your response. Please see a copy of the form in the attached link. I had to remove all text due to confidential info. But I retained all the fillable fields and checkboxes. Hope you're able to see why the page jumps to the next page when a checkbox is ticked. Note: this spawns an additional page when the red checkbox on page 3 is ticked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEcccDOHOhOFzkP5Xlf_SmKTF1124gmP/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make the file publicly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you've added a crucial piece of information now... So the check-box is set to spawn a page when clicked? If so, that could explain it. I would add to the script a command to "jump" back to the original page after spawning a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67

Please see if this works

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEcccDOHOhOFzkP5Xlf_SmKTF1124gmP/view?usp=sharing

The checkbox with a javascript to spawn is on page 3. But the normal checkboxes in other pages are the problem. if you tick a box on page 1, it jumps to page 2. If I remove all the javascripting or actions on the entire form, it still jumps to the next page.

Thanks

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the calculation from the field "PageNum".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bernd

Thanks so much. Appreciate it. That worked.

Cheers

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources