Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an error has occurred which stopped the processing of the pdf

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

It is little disappointing that there is no direct support (telephone or chat) from Adobe for this error.

I tried to convert a PDF to Excel and I kept receiving the following error:

"Conversion Failure

The File has not been processed. An error has occurred which stopped the processing of the PDF"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Hey Abdessamada, 

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

As you are a subscriber of Adobe Export PDF subscription and its a part of Document Cloud PDF Services. The support for Document Cloud PDF services is only available on forms, that is the reason you have not been redirected to the call/chat support.

Looking at the issue reported above, I assume this is a pdf specific problem? Or let us know if you experience the same problem with all the pdf conversion to excel?

We need a bit more i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Abdessamada, 

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

As you are a subscriber of Adobe Export PDF subscription and its a part of Document Cloud PDF Services. The support for Document Cloud PDF services is only available on forms, that is the reason you have not been redirected to the call/chat support.

Looking at the issue reported above, I assume this is a pdf specific problem? Or let us know if you experience the same problem with all the pdf conversion to excel?

We need a bit more information to understand the issue clearly.

1- The pdf file that is being converted to excel, is it created using Adobe Acrobat or any 3rd party pdf software? Open pdf>right click "Document properties">Description.

2- What type of data is included in the pdf? Does it only have calculation,tables or also contain the high resolution images?

3- Where do you have the pdf saved originally? If its on the server, then save it to the system locally once and then try.

You may refer to the helpful troubleshooting steps suggested in the similar discussion and let us know if that makes a difference.

Re: Conversion Failure

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me and I found out the name of the file was too long. after shortening it I was able to convert it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha!  Thanks for the tip.  I got the same error with a 54-letter-long filename (including the .pdf) but when I renamed it to have 14 letters, no more error!  What an odd limitation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources