Highlighted

Anybody getting Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to run under Wine or Virtualbox in Linux?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and have been using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for several years. I recently switched from Windows 7 to Linux on my desktop PC. I have tried using both Wine and Virtualbox to run this program. So far, no joy. I am guessing it will not happen. Is anybody getting this to work?

Thanks, Ed

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Anybody getting Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to run under Wine or Virtualbox in Linux?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and have been using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for several years. I recently switched from Windows 7 to Linux on my desktop PC. I have tried using both Wine and Virtualbox to run this program. So far, no joy. I am guessing it will not happen. Is anybody getting this to work?

Thanks, Ed

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the online services with your subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was the correct location to ask my question. Can you post a link to "online services"?

Thanks, Ed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used the online tools before. I have always used what was installed on my PC. That looks like it will do everything I need.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Linux has some Windows emulators for simple, self-contained apps. But it's unlikely you could get much of Acrobat working. Acrobat includes an app, a printer driver, a print monitor, extensions for MS Office and other third party apps, iFilter for text searching, shell extensions to add right clicks into file explorer and make file extensions, and a lot of background tasks for updating, licensing, cloud syncing and more. I know you can say you'll happily run with just the app, but it installs all of them, and if it fails, won't install at all. Add to that the need to connect to Adobe to check your subscription, and I'd say the chances of success are small indeed.  You can indeed use the online tools, which do a little of what Acrobat does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I anticipated that it would not work. Since I can use a couple of Linux programs, as well as the online Acrobat Pro DC, I am good to go.

Thanks, Ed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Resources