• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bad parameters when saving a document as password protected

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it mean when you are trying to save a document password protected and you get the error message "bad parameters"?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

I was receiving the error message. What I figured out is that once a docuemnt is signed you cannot make any changes even adding a password. The password must be added before the digital signature. I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, you receive the Bad Parameter error when saving a password-protected document. Did you create that PDF?

Please refer to the following help document with information and troubleshooting steps on bad parameter error: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/bad-parameter-while-deleting-pages-in-acrobat.html

Check if that helps.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was receiving the error message. What I figured out is that once a docuemnt is signed you cannot make any changes even adding a password. The password must be added before the digital signature. I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah drove me nuts last night and it was an important doc that I had to get emailed - I completely forgot about this trick - but yeah she is right give the doc a password first before you edit it - then do your changes - then save - done - BTW I was given another doc that already had signatures on it so it was locked and I couldn't do a password encryption on it - In that situation what you can do is go ahead and alter the doc with your changes etc.. and just save it without the password encrypt - then print the doc - your final draft - then PRINT the doc - then scan the printed doc into your computer - find the doc you just scanned example scandoc.pdf- then and only then you will be able to encrypt with Adobe password protect (encrypt feature) - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a site where I could change it.

Still, someone should fix the regular reset page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a form/document I filled out, then once I saw this thread, I downloaded the form again, and before I made any edits I tried to create the password. It did not work for me. Gotta figure something else out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can save a document as password protected by using abbyy finereader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources