• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic storage questions

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went into the Document Cloud from Acrobat Professional DC for the first time, and am a little confused. I've tried to find some answers in the forums, and now I'm even more confused. I am working on a Windows 10 PC and am a Creative Cloud subscriber. My goal is to be able to share files between devices to read them and not use iPad storage space if possible.

I'm hoping I can just ask a few basic questions here and get some quick answers:

1) If I delete a file in the loud.acrobat.com/folder, does it delete on my computer and/or my iPad as well? I'm hoping not because there are files listed that I don't want on Document Cloud and need to keep. There are about 13 files listed and I know I only manually uploaded two of them today as I'm going in for the first time. I don't know how the others got there.

2) On the iPad, if I am logged in to Acrobat Reader, select Document Cloud on the dropdown, and read the file, is that now also stored on the iPad? I really don't want these files to take up storage space on my iPad.

3) There is something about DropBox. Dropbox files do take up space on the iPad using the iPad Dropbox app. If I access Dropbox through the Document Cloud, am I accessing the online dropbox.com, or will the files still be downloaded?

I know this is basic stuff; I'm just having a hard time putting it all together.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EarlyMusicLover,

Sorry for the delay in response.

1) If you delete the file on Cloud.Acrobat.com/folder won't delete the file from your device, unless you don't have a local copy saved on your machine/device.

2) If you opened the file from DocumentCloud storage, it won't save the file locally. It simply caches the file temporarily.

3) As mentioned in 2) if the file is saved on Cloud storage. While opening them on device app cache the file temporarily and that cache gets clear later.

let us know if you have further questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources