Can't export PDF bank statement to Excel

Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert a bank PDF bank statement to Excel. Using Adobe Export PDF. It comes back "eStatement is password protected and cannot be exported ... To export this document remove the protection and try again. " I don't know what this Password Protection is that I am suppose to remove??

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

First of all, I edited the title of your post to something a bit more descriptive.

The bank obviously wanted to protect the data in the Excel PDF file, so they password protected it. There's nothing you can do about that.

Most banks offer a way of exporting their data directly to an Excel file. You should use that, instead.

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export PDF bank statement to Excel

Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert a bank PDF bank statement to Excel. Using Adobe Export PDF. It comes back "eStatement is password protected and cannot be exported ... To export this document remove the protection and try again. " I don't know what this Password Protection is that I am suppose to remove??

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

First of all, I edited the title of your post to something a bit more descriptive.

The bank obviously wanted to protect the data in the Excel PDF file, so they password protected it. There's nothing you can do about that.

Most banks offer a way of exporting their data directly to an Excel file. You should use that, instead.

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 13, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 0
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Resources