Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't search PDF contents

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I use Adobe Scan on my Android device to scan various documents (invoices, business cards, etc.) into the Adobe Document Cloud.

My problem is that although the documents are OCR's and I can verify that when I open them on the document cloud and I'm able to select text and copy it, I cannot search for any of the content text from the search box.

If the text is not within the file name, it simply doesn't find any matching documents.

Am I doing something wrong? does search by default not search contents?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Ahmad_Alnusif,

As mentioned above, the documents are scanned using Adobe Scan mobile app and when its open on Document Cloud then text aren't searchable. So, to understand the issue better I would like to know couple of things here-

1- When you say Document Cloud, are you referring to the web interface: Adobe Document Cloud ? If yes, then check with a different web browser or delete cache and cookies of the current one.

2- Are you facing this issue with all the documents scanned through the Adobe Scan app? Or this is a specific one which isn't allowing "search text"?

3- For testing, check with the Adobe Reader DC desktop application. If it still doesn't work there, then download it to the system and then open in Reader>Search Text.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources