Highlighted

Can't view pdf files from public access link from Adobe CC

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't view the pdf files I've uploaded if I try to access them from the public link given by Adobe Creative Cloud, I can, however, view them as usual if I am logged in as user.

The files haven't been modified and, before today, I could see them with no problem whether I was logged in or not.

screencap.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't view pdf files from public access link from Adobe CC

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't view the pdf files I've uploaded if I try to access them from the public link given by Adobe Creative Cloud, I can, however, view them as usual if I am logged in as user.

The files haven't been modified and, before today, I could see them with no problem whether I was logged in or not.

screencap.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you see this pdf? https://graduateland.com/api/v2/users/jesper/cv

if not, install adobe reader - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions being careful to untick any unwanted 'tag-along'-ware.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Acrobat Reader]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see it. I also have Acrobat Pro in my pc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to explain the problem then more thoroughly. 

eg, your browser works ok to view pdfs, your acrobat pro works as expected, but you're having some problem sync'g files or using something else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works ok, browser, Acrobat, etc. In fact, the newer files can be viewed on the browser with no problem. But older pdf files uploaded to the CC can be viewed correctly on the web if I'm logged in as a user but if I try to see them using the public link to that same file, I can't view it (see screen cap attached on my first post).

It's not only me, I've tried from other computers and different browsers and the same happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by, "...uploaded to the CC.."?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded to the Adobe Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're having a problem syncing files?

Screenshot - 10_26_2017 , 9_09_10 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all this files were already uploaded a long time ago, with no problem whatsoever.

The online viewing of pdf files via public link started today. All the files have no errors, can be downloaded correctly, but can't be viewed online for some reason that it's unknown to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

You may want to try hosting them with Document Cloud storage rather than Creative Cloud storage. Document Cloud is more closely aligned with Acrobat and may have better compatibility with different types or versions of PDF. It looks like your PDF is a secure type created with InDesign CC 2015. There should be a Document Cloud option from here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/ on the left of the page where you can upload.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I didn't know that, I've already uploaded a pdf file and it worked great and can be viewed correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 0
Resources