Highlighted

Cannot open shared OneDrive files in Document Cloud

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

This Adobe DC is a great solution to handle pdf files directly on SharePoint and OneDrive. But we face some issue with shared files.

If someone in my organisation send me a pdf (as a OneDrive Share link like https://tenantname-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/username_domain_com/EepUEywil6NOiZh3_uDmx7YBlkMN...) the link opens the pdf preview in browser and on the top-left corner there is only Open in Browser option and Open in Adobe Document Cloud oprion is missing. 

Is it a configurabe problem or is it the normal behavior? 

What shoud I do to solve it?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open shared OneDrive files in Document Cloud

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

This Adobe DC is a great solution to handle pdf files directly on SharePoint and OneDrive. But we face some issue with shared files.

If someone in my organisation send me a pdf (as a OneDrive Share link like https://tenantname-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/username_domain_com/EepUEywil6NOiZh3_uDmx7YBlkMN...) the link opens the pdf preview in browser and on the top-left corner there is only Open in Browser option and Open in Adobe Document Cloud oprion is missing. 

Is it a configurabe problem or is it the normal behavior? 

What shoud I do to solve it?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Document Cloud can't open PDF files. Use Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Maybe I were not fully clear in my problem's description.

I have attached to screenshots. Both of them are screened from the browser windows after clicking to a PDF file and getting a first preview in OneDrive in Office 365.Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.52.24.png

On the first screen there is no Adobe DC option in the Open drop-down. This is the case when someone send mi a share link from a PDF file on their own OneDrive

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 13.54.31.png

On the second screen there is the option to open the file in Adobe DC. This will redirect to Adobe's website, and open the file where we can make some minor changes on that.

In both cases the files on the company's Office 365 tenant, so none of them from a 3rd party share.

As I discovered, if I give myself site admin rights to the other people's OneDrive filespace, who sent me the share link before, the Open in Adobe DC option apperars.  But I cannot give everyone this kind of rights in the whole company.

Maybe it is a bit more clear this time.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
Tom866 LATEST
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Haven't found a solution yet. Have anybody met this problem before? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
Resources