Highlighted

cant edit pdf

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a pdf to the cloud. I needed to access the pdf. I found it. I opened it. I could not edit it. I downloaded it. I still could not edit it. I could not find out if this is in protected mode. I am using Win10. I assume it is in protected mode. I cannot find out how to turn off protected mode. The instructions do not match up with what I see on my screen. Can someone help me with this.

How do you get to talk to a customer support person? to text on here? to talk on a phone? This is impossible to navigate.

Hello Augusts,

As per the description above, you are not able to edit the PDF file, Is that correct?

I have checked the record and found that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service on your current Adobe ID, using the Adobe ExportPDF service, you can easily turn PDF files into editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and RTF (Rich Text Format) documents but you cannot edit PDF files with Adobe Export PDF. You need Acrobat DC to edit PDF files. See Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: PDF converter, convert PDFs from anywhere.

By default, Adobe Reader or Acrobat DC runs in protected mode to provide an added layer of security. In protected mode, malicious PDF documents can’t launch arbitrary executable files or write to system directories or the Windows Registry. To check the status of protected mode, choose File > Properties > Advanced > Protected Mode. For more information, you may refer to Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

For troubleshooting related to Adobe ExportPDF service, you can refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud Services).

Let us know how it goes, and feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

cant edit pdf

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a pdf to the cloud. I needed to access the pdf. I found it. I opened it. I could not edit it. I downloaded it. I still could not edit it. I could not find out if this is in protected mode. I am using Win10. I assume it is in protected mode. I cannot find out how to turn off protected mode. The instructions do not match up with what I see on my screen. Can someone help me with this.

How do you get to talk to a customer support person? to text on here? to talk on a phone? This is impossible to navigate.

Hello Augusts,

As per the description above, you are not able to edit the PDF file, Is that correct?

I have checked the record and found that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service on your current Adobe ID, using the Adobe ExportPDF service, you can easily turn PDF files into editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and RTF (Rich Text Format) documents but you cannot edit PDF files with Adobe Export PDF. You need Acrobat DC to edit PDF files. See Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: PDF converter, convert PDFs from anywhere.

By default, Adobe Reader or Acrobat DC runs in protected mode to provide an added layer of security. In protected mode, malicious PDF documents can’t launch arbitrary executable files or write to system directories or the Windows Registry. To check the status of protected mode, choose File > Properties > Advanced > Protected Mode. For more information, you may refer to Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

For troubleshooting related to Adobe ExportPDF service, you can refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud Services).

Let us know how it goes, and feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Augusts,

For troubleshooting related to Adobe ExportPDF service, you can refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2017 0
Resources