Highlighted

Combine files and reduce file size don't work together

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I combine files and the tab says, "Binder", then I click 'file' and 'reduce file size' it tells me no further reduction is possible.  Then I save the file as somefilename.pdf.  I am then able to click 'file' and 'reduce file size' and it does it.  So this is a two-step process and the error message the first time is incorrect. 

TOPICS
Combine files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Combine files and reduce file size don't work together

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I combine files and the tab says, "Binder", then I click 'file' and 'reduce file size' it tells me no further reduction is possible.  Then I save the file as somefilename.pdf.  I am then able to click 'file' and 'reduce file size' and it does it.  So this is a two-step process and the error message the first time is incorrect. 

TOPICS
Combine files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because the first file is a temporary one and hasn't been fully saved yet, so it can't be optimized. Only after a full save can you run commands like Reduce File Size...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
Dan8387 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
Sent from Mail.ru app for Android

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
Resources