• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining lots of pdfs - huge files - how to compress??

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Image Capture to scan lots of individual expenses invoices as pdfs (B&W, 200dpi), some files end up huge even at this point. I combine these all with a word document covering letter and time sheet and expenses summary excel documents, that I have converted to pdfs, in to one big document which is always huge! How do I compress this combined file to send the final invoices to clients?? Any advice on this, or even how to reduce size of individual pdfs - gratefully received. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Hello Phillipab,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, there are two methods to reduce the size of a PDF file: File>Save As Other>Reduced Size PDF and File>Save As Other>Optimized PDF - if you only have Adobe Acrobat Standard, only the first one will be available.

The "Optimized PDF" gives you a lot more options and allows you to fine tune how you want to reduce the file size, whereas the "Reduced Size PDF" is a very simple approach without t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Phillipab,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, there are two methods to reduce the size of a PDF file: File>Save As Other>Reduced Size PDF and File>Save As Other>Optimized PDF - if you only have Adobe Acrobat Standard, only the first one will be available.

The "Optimized PDF" gives you a lot more options and allows you to fine tune how you want to reduce the file size, whereas the "Reduced Size PDF" is a very simple approach without the ability to configure the process.

Note: The Optimize PDF option is only available in Acrobat, not in the freeware Adobe Reader.

You can also refer to the following Adobe article which discusses the similar scenario and try the suggestions, refer to the answer marked as correct How to reduce the size of PDF

You can also refer to Optimizing PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro

I have checked the records and found that you are subscribed to Adobe PDFPack services.

Note: Even when a file is smaller than 100 MB, Adobe PDFPack may not be able to convert it if it's overly complex. For example, a file that has a large number of pages, or contains many different fonts and graphics, could be too complex for Adobe PDFPack to process before the service times out.

Hope the above information helps, and feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources