Highlighted

constantly receiving conversion failed error message

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert simple word documents into pdf documents - possibly the most basic task this software has to do. But recently I keep getting an error message saying the document fails to convert, and this occurs with every single document. Occasionally I can get it to work if I resave the original word document, but to be blunt, I expect it to work first time, every time. What is the problem here?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by ~graffiti | Most Valuable Participant

Instead of doing this through Reader, try it here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/  What happens?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

constantly receiving conversion failed error message

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert simple word documents into pdf documents - possibly the most basic task this software has to do. But recently I keep getting an error message saying the document fails to convert, and this occurs with every single document. Occasionally I can get it to work if I resave the original word document, but to be blunt, I expect it to work first time, every time. What is the problem here?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by ~graffiti | Most Valuable Participant

Instead of doing this through Reader, try it here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/  What happens?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dgh59 ,

Please let us know the exact work flow you do to convert word file to PDF.

Share the screenshot of the error message you get.

Also let us know the dot version and OS you are using.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2016 1
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I click on Reader DC in my task bar. Go into Tools, Select Create PDF, Then I select file to convert, Then click on convert file, then wait for file to upload and convert. It's the last step that has come up with the error (but not today!)

I'm using Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Trying to convert Word .docx files. It worked today after closing the machine down and rebooting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2016 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dgh59 wrote:

possibly the most basic task this software has to do.

What software? This is the Reader forum. Reader is even more basic than that (it doesn't convert pdf files)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC - cloud based service, converts to/from pdf and a host of other functions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the error message - I am trying to export the pdf to a word document and it keeps failing but won't say why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0
Resources