• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert brokerage statement PDF into Excel and get rows/columns to be useful

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have a PDF of a brokerage statement which appears a many pages of rows and columns of information when I display it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  But, when I to an ExportPDF to XLSX file, the result is completely unusable.  The rows are not split into consistent or useful columns, and it's a mess.  How can I get help with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello marke30851516

As per the description above, when you convert a PDF file into Excel, the rows, and columns are not usable, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar issue I need to convert PDF to Excel, however, columns and tabs make many merged cells and many blank colu...

You may also refer to Text is garbled in converted file | ExportPDF

Try exporting any other PDF file to Excel using the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf on a different browser and see if this brings any difference.

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your two KB docs, and I now see that it's unlikely the ExportPDF to XLSX tool will produce anything useful for me.  I've tried the URL, and the result is the same.  Are you able to look at my PDF to give me any further advice?  I decided to try your subscription this morning to see if it would work, and it seems like it will not.  Unless there is something I'm missing, then I would like to cancel the subscription.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

I have sent you a private message so that you can share the file, please check your email inbox.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe.  I have never heard any further feedback on this topic.  I send you the share file per the instructions in the email a few weeks ago.  Please let me know if you were able to assist me.  If the ExportPDF to XLSX isn't able to perform better for me, I'd like to cancel my subscription.  Thanks.

-Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I received your email indicating they are planning a hotfix for the problem.  Are you able to send me now a copy of the way the repaired ExportPDF to XLSX will perform on my input PDF?  I'd like to see how it is going to be working, so I will be able to know that it will work for my needs.  That way I can give you feedback now, rather than waiting longer.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

An update of Acrobat and Reader is available, please check for the updates from Help>Check for updates. You can also download the updates manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products Link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Reboot the machine after the installation of updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources