• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted PDF to Word resulting in blank pages

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have subscription to Adobe Cloud and Adobe Pro X1. When I run export pdf it is not running properly while converting pdf to word. Presently, the conversion seems to take place but the resulting word document is empty of content. However the count of pages is same.

It is not a scanned document and the Font is Type 3.

I tried to export PDF online here https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpd but exports files still have issue.

The issue is with this file only.

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks

Upasana Mehra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

I can understand your concern Upasana.

As you shared initially, the problem is with this specific PDF. You may check how this PDF was exactly created. Was it Acrobat or any other PDF creator or some other application (like Indesign,). I guess the source of the file is the problem, this wasn't a PDF initially. It was converted from some other file format to pdf which has affected its quality.

To test the PDF quality, Open PDF in Acrobat and use Edit Tool. Does it allow editing like a normal docume

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Upasana,

Thanks for sharing the detail troubleshooting steps performed so far.

What I understand is, you have tried converting PDF via Document Cloud web service as well as Acrobat XI. And in both the cases, you are getting blank page in result. Is that right?

Thanks for clearing that its an issue with this file. I believe this document has some content, which isn't exporting in word document properly.

Is it possible for you to share the original PDF with us? We would like to test the same at our end, and see whats causing the trouble.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email address that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

It is a copyright material. I don't think it would be fine to share it on a generic email id.

Is there any other option available.

Regards

Upasana Mehra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand your concern Upasana.

As you shared initially, the problem is with this specific PDF. You may check how this PDF was exactly created. Was it Acrobat or any other PDF creator or some other application (like Indesign,). I guess the source of the file is the problem, this wasn't a PDF initially. It was converted from some other file format to pdf which has affected its quality.

To test the PDF quality, Open PDF in Acrobat and use Edit Tool. Does it allow editing like a normal document does? If not, then here's the problem.

As workaround what I can suggest is to, Open PDF>Print>change printer option to "Adobe PDF">Save it with different name

Open the PDF you just saved>Export to Word

Hope this works.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally a working explanation. 
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources