Highlighted

Converting PDF to Excel or Word displays image instead of text

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to convert a PDF document to either word or excel, the resulting document contains an image within the document. For example, if converting to excel my converted document contains images pasted in the cells of the spreadsheet, rather than straight text. Same thing when converting to word, I get an image that I can re-size and move around, but it doesn't just display the text for me to manipulate. I have the adobe PDF pack with an active subscription to Export PDFs. I'm on a windows 10 machine, using internet explorer. I just wnt the plain text to be in my excel or word document, but it doesn't seem to be exporting properly?? Any ideas are appreciated.

Hi Begleydr,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and thanks for sharing the detailed information.

The quality of converted document depends on the type of pdf you start with. Which means the content of your pdf document will come up as result in exported file.

• The pdf file you are exporting, does it contain real text or it has image in it?
  • Or what is the source of the pdf and how it was created? Is it a scanned document?
  • Do you experience this problem with all the pdf files you are have exported or is it a specific file? Check with any other file and see the result.

If your pdf contain real text and its not a scanned file, then please share a sample copy of the document. We would like to test the same at our end.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

TOPICS
ExportPDF, PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting PDF to Excel or Word displays image instead of text

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to convert a PDF document to either word or excel, the resulting document contains an image within the document. For example, if converting to excel my converted document contains images pasted in the cells of the spreadsheet, rather than straight text. Same thing when converting to word, I get an image that I can re-size and move around, but it doesn't just display the text for me to manipulate. I have the adobe PDF pack with an active subscription to Export PDFs. I'm on a windows 10 machine, using internet explorer. I just wnt the plain text to be in my excel or word document, but it doesn't seem to be exporting properly?? Any ideas are appreciated.

Hi Begleydr,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and thanks for sharing the detailed information.

The quality of converted document depends on the type of pdf you start with. Which means the content of your pdf document will come up as result in exported file.

• The pdf file you are exporting, does it contain real text or it has image in it?
  • Or what is the source of the pdf and how it was created? Is it a scanned document?
  • Do you experience this problem with all the pdf files you are have exported or is it a specific file? Check with any other file and see the result.

If your pdf contain real text and its not a scanned file, then please share a sample copy of the document. We would like to test the same at our end.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

TOPICS
ExportPDF, PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 06, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Begleydr,

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 1
ZATariq LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am alos having the same issue. when i convert an adobe image based file conating a table into excel, it convert it into a lot of small images of that table data in excel. they are readable but not in  text. I can share those files for your review upon having your contact email. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Resources