Highlighted

CPDF-DIRECT_INDIVIDUAL-ML‎, which I want to cancel immediately.

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey my account shows a subscription for CPDF-DIRECT_INDIVIDUAL-ML‎, which I want to cancel immediately.  I vaguely remember signing up for cloud PDF conversion a long time ago and wanted to cancel immediately when I figured out it didn't do what I needed, but couldn't figure out how to do it online.  How do I cancel this and stop paying for it!?  I am a long time Adobe user and customer (through my university) but I really hate that there are now subscription-based plans that are hard to cancel.  It's a rip-off!

Hi Hideom,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. As you mentioned that the subscription is purchased through the Google account, for the cancellation, you have to contact the Google, or you may cancel the subscription from your google account.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be done to cancel the subscription from our end. For more information: Cancel your membership or subscription | Adobe Acrobat, Document Cloud PDF services

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CPDF-DIRECT_INDIVIDUAL-ML‎, which I want to cancel immediately.

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey my account shows a subscription for CPDF-DIRECT_INDIVIDUAL-ML‎, which I want to cancel immediately.  I vaguely remember signing up for cloud PDF conversion a long time ago and wanted to cancel immediately when I figured out it didn't do what I needed, but couldn't figure out how to do it online.  How do I cancel this and stop paying for it!?  I am a long time Adobe user and customer (through my university) but I really hate that there are now subscription-based plans that are hard to cancel.  It's a rip-off!

Hi Hideom,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. As you mentioned that the subscription is purchased through the Google account, for the cancellation, you have to contact the Google, or you may cancel the subscription from your google account.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be done to cancel the subscription from our end. For more information: Cancel your membership or subscription | Adobe Acrobat, Document Cloud PDF services

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 06, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hideom,

As I understand, you want to cancel the CPDF-DIRECT_INDIVIDUAL-ML subscription, Is that correct?

Please refer to the link to cancel the subscription/membership: Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct thatI want to cancel the CPDF-DIRECT_INDIVIDUAL-ML subscription.  However if I follow the link you indicate, all it tells me is that if my account page doesn't show a "cancel" button by my subscription (which it doesn't), I should contact Adobe.  When I follow the links to contact Adobe, the only contact option it gives me is to post a message to this forum!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hideom,

You may have to contact the support team, Contact Customer Care 

Sign in with your Adobe Id and password.

• Choose Account Issues.
  • Select Cancel my membership.
  • Select Show me my Contact options.
  • Choose the option you want.

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this reply but this procedure did not work either.  I was informed by your colleague that Adobe cannot cancel this subscription because it was initiates through Google.  I think that is ridiculous and I can't find any reference in my Google account to any subscription to CPDF anything so I don't know what to do at this point.  If you are going to offer subscription services through any point of purchase you need to make it as easy as possible to cancel.  These auto-renewing subscription services are an evil development in the world of software and they should be illegal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hideom,

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to cancel this!!!! Go to Google Play in your browser, search for Adobe Acrobat Reader, and when you click the app, it should state that you're subscribed to this app. Once you find it in Google Play, it should be easier to unsubscribe. This difficulty to unsubscribe is RIDICULOUS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have to know who you are paying though. If you subscribe through Google, Google have your credit card, Google take the money regularly, and they send some of it to Adobe. Adobe could stop your software working, sure, but they couldn't stop Google charging you so far as I know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2018 1
Resources