Date field format based on digital signature date

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form with a digital signature field, which includes the following execution field when the field is signed:

this.getField("Date").value = "Digital Signature: " + util.printd("yyyymmdd", new Date());

The corresponding "Date" field has the format set as yyyymmdd to match above.

However, upon digitally signing the document I get the following Warning: JacaScript Window -

Invalid date/time: please ensure that the date/time exists. Field [Date] should match format yyyymmdd

The "Date" field is formatted to yyyymmdd, and it even displays a correct example of the result on the format tab, so I don't understand why the error message comes up.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

Remove the text "Digital Signature: " or set the format to "None".

TOPICS
Fill and sign, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Date field format based on digital signature date

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form with a digital signature field, which includes the following execution field when the field is signed:

this.getField("Date").value = "Digital Signature: " + util.printd("yyyymmdd", new Date());

The corresponding "Date" field has the format set as yyyymmdd to match above.

However, upon digitally signing the document I get the following Warning: JacaScript Window -

Invalid date/time: please ensure that the date/time exists. Field [Date] should match format yyyymmdd

The "Date" field is formatted to yyyymmdd, and it even displays a correct example of the result on the format tab, so I don't understand why the error message comes up.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Fill and sign, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
Resources