• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Cloud: Is there a local folder to sync?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent an hour with technical support who seem not to understand this basic question. If you have Document Cloud, is there a local folder where you can place your files so that you have them in two places—locally in a folder, and in the cloud.

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to ask, yet they've taken me around the block and back again talking about mobile apps and other services!

Does Document Cloud work like DropBox or OneDrive, or GoogleDrive, where you have a dedicated folder on your desktop where the files reside and they sync with Document Cloud.

Because if that is the service, I don't have that folder. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

The answer is No. Unlike Creative Cloud, there is no sync client or sync folder for Document Cloud yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is No. Unlike Creative Cloud, there is no sync client or sync folder for Document Cloud yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I have been looking for that answer too.   It is too bad, they have it for creative cloud, i wonder why not for document cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking forward to downloading an app to sync my DC, now I know there isn't any yet. Hopefully, they come up with one soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document Cloud is useless without the possibility to sync the files to a computer. I dont understand why i cant connect Document cloud with my Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I understand that Document Cloud has no sync capability, while Creative Cloud does.

So, can I move all my PDF docs to Creative Cloud storage, and enjoy sync on my PC, or are there any contraindications?

And btw, is that technically doable? (I could not find any way from DC).

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too think it is necessary... How is it possible to attach a file from within Outlook for example.. Its stupid to have to move to DC to send a file via outlook , and even worse when there are multiple attachments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, document cloud is 100% useless to me if not able to be synced to a desktop. Creative Cloud library can sync, why not these files? Until I started looking into this, I expected my PDF Document Cloud to be a folder inside of my creative cloud library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue? I too would like to sync my folders locally for easier filemanagement. Adobe scan is great but I would have the scanned file on my Macbook without much hassle. Any other workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still hoping Adobe will fix this at some point or add this as a feature... in the meantime...

the best workaround or workflow I have found is to bookmark the page https://documents.adobe.com/ and login to download any recently scanned documents that you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best workaround for me is to Share the file to a Dropbox location that is synced with my desktop.

With some practice quite fast workflow but I would prefer to scan, OCR and Sync with a Document Cloud client.

Adobe could automate (as a preference) the upload to another Cloud service. That would help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just end up sharing everything I scan into Document Cloud over to a one drive folder which is synced to my desktop.  Work-arounds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was looking for a way to have a local folder on my laptop.

But within my Acrobat Pro DC app, there is nice file and folder navigation, and the Document Cloud and Creative Cloud are both there.

Anything I scan wtih AdobeScan on my phone shows up in the Document Cloud right away, and I can see it via the file window in my desktop app.

Not quite as intuitive as a finder folder. But it *does* sync right away, without needing to use a DropBox folder to do so...

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atheolet, How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clear answer.  Saved me tons of time looking how to do this.  Adobe--Why the hell not?  Makes your product 10x harder to work with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources