Highlighted

Document Cloud: Is there a local folder to sync?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent an hour with technical support who seem not to understand this basic question. If you have Document Cloud, is there a local folder where you can place your files so that you have them in two places—locally in a folder, and in the cloud.

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to ask, yet they've taken me around the block and back again talking about mobile apps and other services!

Does Document Cloud work like DropBox or OneDrive, or GoogleDrive, where you have a dedicated folder on your desktop where the files reside and they sync with Document Cloud.

Because if that is the service, I don't have that folder. 

The answer is No. Unlike Creative Cloud, there is no sync client or sync folder for Document Cloud yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Document Cloud: Is there a local folder to sync?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent an hour with technical support who seem not to understand this basic question. If you have Document Cloud, is there a local folder where you can place your files so that you have them in two places—locally in a folder, and in the cloud.

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to ask, yet they've taken me around the block and back again talking about mobile apps and other services!

Does Document Cloud work like DropBox or OneDrive, or GoogleDrive, where you have a dedicated folder on your desktop where the files reside and they sync with Document Cloud.

Because if that is the service, I don't have that folder. 

The answer is No. Unlike Creative Cloud, there is no sync client or sync folder for Document Cloud yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2015 3
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I have been looking for that answer too.   It is too bad, they have it for creative cloud, i wonder why not for document cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2015 4
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking forward to downloading an app to sync my DC, now I know there isn't any yet. Hopefully, they come up with one soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document Cloud is useless without the possibility to sync the files to a computer. I dont understand why i cant connect Document cloud with my Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2017 4
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I understand that Document Cloud has no sync capability, while Creative Cloud does.

So, can I move all my PDF docs to Creative Cloud storage, and enjoy sync on my PC, or are there any contraindications?

And btw, is that technically doable? (I could not find any way from DC).

Thanks a lot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2016 1
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2016 3
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too think it is necessary... How is it possible to attach a file from within Outlook for example.. Its stupid to have to move to DC to send a file via outlook , and even worse when there are multiple attachments

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2016 4
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, document cloud is 100% useless to me if not able to be synced to a desktop. Creative Cloud library can sync, why not these files? Until I started looking into this, I expected my PDF Document Cloud to be a folder inside of my creative cloud library

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 7
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue? I too would like to sync my folders locally for easier filemanagement. Adobe scan is great but I would have the scanned file on my Macbook without much hassle. Any other workaround?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2017 2
Resources