Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Cloud REST API

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have seen several post and news articles that talk about the "Document Cloud REST APIs."   I would like to bulk load convert and export documents from PDF to docx. 

Is there any way to do this with Adobe Document Cloud? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Acrobat has an API which can do this, if installed locally, for the current user only.

Cloud? See Adobe PDF Services "While we welcome inquiries from new customers, we are currently only accepting a limited number of invited API developers at this time. If you would like to be considered in the future..."

This can be done via your enterprise server with LiveCycle PDF Generator, part of Adobe Experience Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petefc,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to use document cloud's api to create and export pdf, is that correct?

Please refer to the following link which explains more about document cloud's api for enterprise users:

Adobe PDF Services

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to upload a PDF and export it docx using the api.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may refer to this help document Adobe PDF Services  for the same.

-shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I spent some time looking around that area, and find no information related to APIs for PDF services, or the Document cloud.

Can you answer some very short questions?

1) Are APIs available for service provide by Adobe Document Cloud

2) If the answer to 1) is YES,  please point me to the documentation for these APIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has an API which can do this, if installed locally, for the current user only.

Cloud? See Adobe PDF Services "While we welcome inquiries from new customers, we are currently only accepting a limited number of invited API developers at this time. If you would like to be considered in the future..."

This can be done via your enterprise server with LiveCycle PDF Generator, part of Adobe Experience Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to use document cloud's SEARCH API over a bulk of documents that i have uploaded there..

how can i use that api?? and from where?(from postman??)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explained before. You can’t just use it, you have to enquire and hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i access Document Cloud programatically???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Document Cloud(not just Document Cloud)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was answered already. Read the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Adobe I/O Console )

In this link, in order to integrate with Document Cloud(to access their APIs), when i click on it, it says that it is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't you say so before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to gain an access to the APIs of the Adobe Document Cloud only i asked you about it. But you directed me towards this pdfservices, which when i opened to integrate with Adobe Document Cloud was not able to do so(https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/pdfservices/docs/api/overview.html ). this integration(actually all the integrations here) is not enabled..

so what can be done now??? in order to access the APIs of Adobe Document Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, the documents seem to be broken, but you wouldn't be able to use the API anyway. The very first page linked says this, and was quoted in the thread.

"While we welcome inquiries from new customers, we are currently only accepting a limited number of invited API developers at this time."

This to be says clearly that you CANNOT use the API unless Adobe invited you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have an early access to view SDK. I have the client secret with the rest of the credentials. can you please let me know how to use the apis now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is secret, then asking in a public forum doesn't seem right (and may breach your agreements too!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then can you give another id where i can reach you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This is a public forum, you are not communicating with Adobe staff !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing though: an SDK is supposed to be everything you need to develop solutions. It should include documentation. Did you read it all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(That is a rhetorical question. Do not tell me anything about what you read! If you signed a non-disclosure agreement, read and reread it carefully, penalties are unlimited for breach!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I cant take the help of adobe support desk in this?

Is that what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT the Adobe support desk, and we cannot answer questions for them !!

However, if you have any kind of prerelease agreement, it should tell you what support is available. In most cases there is no support, and you must be capable of reading the documentation and using the product in order to join in the prerelease testing. I HAVE NO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE ON THIS PROGRAM, so I am free to speculate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

alright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources