Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document corrupted after failed sync

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader for iPad. It sometimes happens that, when editing PDFs in the Document Cloud and then syncing them back to the Document Cloud, the sync fails. Thereafter, that particular PDF in the DC will become corrupted and will fail to open.

Please let me know if there is some measure of version control part of the Document Cloud? I would like to be able to retrieve a previous version of the corrupted document if possible.

Many thanks,

‌

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rowanp81435869,

Have you tried to open the corrupted PDF files on your computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, check if they open or not.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi Aadesh,

The corrupted file fails to open on PC too. I know that the corrupted file has been saved to the Document Cloud because the file should be around 20Mbytes, but the saved file is now only around 2Mbytes.

As I mentioned, the sync failed and only part of the file seems to have been saved. It alarms me that the file in the Document Cloud is overwritten during the sync process!! If the sync fails to complete, the file left in the Cloud is the failed sync file. This seems crazy!

Please would you let me know if it is possible to access a previous version of my document.

Many thanks,

Rowan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rowanp81435869,

I am sorry if there is no backup for the documents then it won't be possible to access your previous documents.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just happened the same to me. 3 months of digital highlighting of a pdf lost. Document saved all the time to the cloud to sync between smartphone and pc.

Thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources