• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PDF creates a mess of text

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Export is creating a mess of text when converting to Word. I've used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as well as the online interface for PDF Export. Here are some screenshots:

PDF:

cap1.PNG

Word conversion:

cap2.PNG

Any ideas for why this is happening? I'm not even sure the steps to troubleshoot it. I also don't know how the source PDF was originally created. I know, I'm super helpful. Any help anyone can provide is appreciated. Thank you!

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The results of this process depend a lot on the way the file was created. If it was created from a poor quality scan or a non-compliant application, the results are likely to be poor. As the saying goes: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

You can see what application was used to create the file by opening it in Reader and then looking under File - Properties - Description. Especially the "Application" and "PDF Producer" values are of importance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Can I assume that it was a garbage application if both the "Application" and "PDF Producer" fields are blank in the document properties (which they are)? Is this beyond hope of converting into a Word file at this point? Anyone have a solution that might allow me to convert this to a Word document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's not a good sign, generally...

One thing you can try is to export the pages as image files (File - Save As Other - Image - PNG), and then create a new PDF file from those images, run Text Recognition on it and then try to export it to a Word file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reader DC and don't have the option to save as PNG from the menu you indicated. We'll figure out a workaround. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's correct. You need Acrobat to have this option (I'm not sure if it's available as a part of Export PDF, but then you won't have the option to create a new file)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources