Highlighted

Export PDF - Table format not recognised

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually looking to speak to the customer service regarding this, does anyone have a contact for them?

Basically when converting scanned bank statements (pdf) to excel, which contains tables of data, the output excel file does not place the data in any sort of order.

While this is common for PDF files, a workaround is to use co-ordinates to determine the placement of text in cells. However this has not been done, it is just a dump of the text converted by OCR which really makes the service unusable for a lot of files especially scanned documents.

I have had some results using notepad, but the results vary on the same type of document and the majority of documents fail to be converted.

Is there any plans to upgrade the software? I wouldn't mind except I am paying for this service and it should be better than the free options.

Anyone got a workaround or suggestion for software?

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export PDF - Table format not recognised

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually looking to speak to the customer service regarding this, does anyone have a contact for them?

Basically when converting scanned bank statements (pdf) to excel, which contains tables of data, the output excel file does not place the data in any sort of order.

While this is common for PDF files, a workaround is to use co-ordinates to determine the placement of text in cells. However this has not been done, it is just a dump of the text converted by OCR which really makes the service unusable for a lot of files especially scanned documents.

I have had some results using notepad, but the results vary on the same type of document and the majority of documents fail to be converted.

Is there any plans to upgrade the software? I wouldn't mind except I am paying for this service and it should be better than the free options.

Anyone got a workaround or suggestion for software?

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2018 0

Have something to add?