• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export pdf to text

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to read the text of a pdf into a text editor. How can I convert a pdf to text? exportpdf does not show text or .txt as an available document type to convert to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Hi cellist_01,

I can understand your concern. You can create PDF from a .txt file, however it won't be possible to create .txt file from a PDF using Adobe Export PDF service.

As a work around you can create a .doc or a .docx file from the PDF using Export PDF service and then simply copy & paste the content from .doc/.docx file to the .txt file.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cellist_01,

"Convert from PDF to" does not support .txt file format Supported file formats | Export PDF, Adobe PDF Pack.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Aadesh. I've tried other (non-Adobe) products that claim to convert to text but they do a poor job preserving page layout. I'll mark this as answered but please reply if you have any additional comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cellist_01,

I can understand your concern. You can create PDF from a .txt file, however it won't be possible to create .txt file from a PDF using Adobe Export PDF service.

As a work around you can create a .doc or a .docx file from the PDF using Export PDF service and then simply copy & paste the content from .doc/.docx file to the .txt file.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources