• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to word has conversion failure,

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rebooted P.C. subscription is valid, tried different documents and ones that I have previously converted, still fails, any suggestions please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Liamh,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting a conversion failure error while exporting a PDF file to Word, Is that correct?

The record shows that you have an active subscription to Adobe ExportPDF on your current Adobe ID, tried exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

If the PDF wasn't created from a scanned document, disable OCR to simplify the conversion process. You can disable OCR only if you convert via Reader:

1. Open the file that you want to convert.
  2. On the ExportPDF pane, click Change underneath "Recognize Text in."
  3. Select Disable Text Recognition, and then click OK.

You may also refer to File conversion error | ExportPDF

If you are using Adobe Reader and getting the error, please sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID in Adobe Reader, check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates, reboot the machine, and try exporting the PDF file.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

I have tried everything as suggested but I still get conversion failure. I do not see ‘disable text recognition’ in the change link, I see other languages only.

Many Thanks

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? Have you tried converting any other PDF file?

Is it possible to convert the PDF file on a different computer with a different network environment, like a guest wired/wireless network, or connect the other computer with a mobile hotspot?

Try converting the PDF file on a mobile device through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

If it's specific to one PDF, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Note: With the exception of Adobe Send, the Acrobat.com online services allow you to upload and convert files that are up to 100 MB.

The complexity of the document you're converting (number of pages, content) affect how large a file you can convert. So, even files that are under the 100 MB file-size limit may not convert if they are overly complex.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

I tried documents that I previously converted but still does not work. I have now tried the icloud link and it has converted. Not sure why I need to use the icloud link now, as I should be able to convert direct from the opened document. Any idea why this is so?

Thanks, Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Liam,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Have you tried clearing the cache/cookies/history of the browser and then try converting the PDF file?

Try converting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

For testing purpose, try converting the PDF file on your mobile device and see if this issue is reproducible?

If you are using the freeware Adobe Reader DC and facing the issue, please sign out and sign back in Adobe Reader DC, then check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and try converting the PDF file.

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader back from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources