Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve LinnCommunity Member

I use Acrobat Pro DC from creative cloud 2015 edition --- fully up-to-date

I create forms in Acrobat and then fill out the forms

I then save the forms to my cloud

If I open them back in Adobe Acrobat DC - works fine

I want to use the iOS app Adobe Fill & Sign for customers to sign the fields

When I open one of my forms in the iOS app all of the pre-filled out form fields are now empty!

None of the data is retained

what am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Thanks for the samples, this is indeed the same issue as described originally, the data in fields filled out in Acrobat or Reader in some Acroforms does not show up in Fill & Sign.

Fill & Sign was really designed to enable users to fill out forms that don't have real fillable fields.  Real forms with fields (Acroforms) can be used in Fill & Sign but with some functional limitations.  For most use cases this works fine but previously filled text not showing up is certainly a big issue that we do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

Our engineering team is looking at this issue and will respond here when we have more information.

In the meantime, Acrobat DC mobile should work with your form.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates here? I had to add a field to a fillable PDF but now the form isn't working on mobile devices. The fields do not show as fillable in Adobe Sign and fill. The same form worked fine before opening and editing with the Adobe Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James;

Would it be possible for you to share the PDF with me so I can take a look?  If you could share the original before modifying in Acrobat, and the modified PDF I can confirm if this is the same issue and hopefully provide a better answer.  If you can share let me know and I'll send you an email offline.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can send you some examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the samples, this is indeed the same issue as described originally, the data in fields filled out in Acrobat or Reader in some Acroforms does not show up in Fill & Sign.

Fill & Sign was really designed to enable users to fill out forms that don't have real fillable fields.  Real forms with fields (Acroforms) can be used in Fill & Sign but with some functional limitations.  For most use cases this works fine but previously filled text not showing up is certainly a big issue that we do want to address.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James;

We released an update yesterday that should help.  Now you will see the existing data in the PDF, it will not be editable but it will be shown and you can add additional data in Fill & Sign.  Try uploading your PDF/file to Fill & Sign again and see.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Fill & Sign Version 16.03.31 (309) on my iPad. I checked for a new version through the App store but it doesn't show an update available. I emailed myself a PDF but I'm still not seeing the data show up in Fill & Sign -- it does show in Adobe Reader. Is this just a matter of the App Store still processing the update for Fill & Sign to make it available to the public?

- James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mobile app files can either be "local" or "online" (in the Adobe Document Cloud).  The file needs to be "online" for the new functionality to show the fields, if you sign in with an AdobeID and move the form online by press/hold and selecting the "Move Online" option - can you try that and let me know if it works?

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did work after I chose the "Upload to Document Cloud" option. But the problem in my scenario is that the average citizen that is registering to vote might not have an Adobe ID. We are generating these PDF files on-the-fly, as a voter registers, and then emailing the PDF. I was hoping the voter would be able to use Adobe Fill & Sign to open the PDF directly from their e-mail, sign, and then e-mail it back to voter registration. I'm also pursing some techniques to flatten these PDF files before they are sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking at how to address the "offline" files.

Regarding flattening, if you have Acrobat you could flatten the PDFs (and I think in a batch process using actions).  You could use the Fill & Sign web app to flatten such a form since it does flatten it when you open it in Fill & Sign - that is not likely the best solution for your purpose but it would work, just open the PDF in Fill & Sign and then download as PDF and the resulting PDF will be flat with the data in the fields shown (but not editable).

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I have a pdf form that client wants to distribute to their infield dealers on their iPads but some of the fields just disappear or don't function, but works perfect on the computer. Very frustrating. Can you help? URGENT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue of fields that had been filled in prior to bringing the file into Fill & Sign on iOS should be fixed so it sounds like something else might be going on here.

Can you provide more details on what is not appearing or not working?  There are fields that will not work in Fill & Sign such as drop-down fields, buttons, anything that is interactive.  When you say it works perfect on the computer, are you using Fill & Sign on the computer or another application? 

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't been fixed. I am having that problem now. I designed a form that has blanks to be filled in. I completed the form on the computer so I could bring it up on my ipad for a signature and it is completely blank. My check boxes are missing too. Please help. I need to use this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download PDF Expert. You have to pay to have it but all your fields work even custom java scripted fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file uploaded to the Document Cloud?  The "fix" that was released only affects files uploaded and not "local" files.  If you are signed into the Fill & Sign iOS application, press/hold on the file in the Fill & Sign app and select to "More" -> "Upload to Document Cloud".

Once the file is in the Document Cloud you should see the previously filled data.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, is the file uploaded to the Document Cloud?  The "fix" that was released only affects files uploaded and not "local" files.  If you are signed into the Fill & Sign iOS application, press/hold on the file in the Fill & Sign app and select to "More" -> "Upload to Document Cloud".

Once the file is in the Document Cloud you should see the previously filled data.  If that is not the case please let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having trouble with this too. There are times when a form is emailed, or in a shared Dropbox, where we'd like to use Fill & Sign to easily complete the predefined fields. Fill & Sign does not show or align any Adobe Acrobat-created form fields using the Acrobat "Prepare Form" tools.

It doesn't make sense to have an Adobe PDF prepared form, and Fill & Sign will not recognize form fields at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve;

As I mentioned to James, we released an update yesterday that should help.  Now you will see the existing data in the PDF, it will not be editable but it will be shown and you can add additional data in Fill & Sign.  Try uploading your PDF/file to Fill & Sign again and see.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources