• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forms and Fields in the 'Fill and Sign' app

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a .pdf with forms and fields to be completed, but when opening this in the 'Fill and Sign' App, all fields are missing? But they are present when opening in the 'Adobe Acrobat' App.

Please Advise.

Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

The Fill & Sign app does not treat existing form fields the same as say Adobe Reader on the desktop, or Acrobat for iOS.  Existing fields are not "clickable".  The Fill & Sign app creates new fields on the page wherever you click and enter text, if the form previously had fillable fields those are "flat" and the new content is added on top.  That could be what you are referring to.  It is really designed to work best with forms that do not have actual fields on them - a major pain point for many

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

There are a handful of forum threads on a bug where the document does not display in Fill & Sign, I think this might be the one with the most response from the product team: Fill & Sign Issues

Does that sound like the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

This is different to my issue. When I open in the iOS app, the document displays correctly, just without any of the pre-created fields.

Thanks

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - iOS is a different story. 

I am guessing the document is an Acroform, Fill & Sign on iOS does have an issue displaying the fields in Acroforms in "local" documents (stored on the device instead of in the Document Cloud).  If you are signed into Fill & Sign you can press and hold on the document and "Upload to Document Cloud", then when you next open the form the fields should be shown.

Let me know if that does not work, the fields should show correctly as long as the form is stored in the Document Cloud.

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid this didn't work. I opened the document in the Fill & Sign app, then uploaded it to the document cloud. When I opened it from there, there were still no pre-created fields showing that can be selected to complete.

Does this app allow completion of pre-created fields and signatures? That can then be extracted?

Thanks

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an email address Josh? It may be easier to communicate via email, plus I can send some screen captures to better describe my issue

Thanks

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Fill & Sign app does not treat existing form fields the same as say Adobe Reader on the desktop, or Acrobat for iOS.  Existing fields are not "clickable".  The Fill & Sign app creates new fields on the page wherever you click and enter text, if the form previously had fillable fields those are "flat" and the new content is added on top.  That could be what you are referring to.  It is really designed to work best with forms that do not have actual fields on them - a major pain point for many users as there are so many PDFs out there that look like forms but do not have fillable form fields.

Thanks,

Josh

PS - I will contact you offline to follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources