• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forms do not retain field formatting when created on desktop then made into an online template

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why after creating a PDF form on my desktop version of Acrobat Pro DC then uploading to my document cloud I lose all of my field formatting when I turn it into a "send" template?  The fields still retain the formatting requirement for that particular field but when viewing or printing they are unformatted, e.g. $100,000 is 100,000; phone should be (111) 111-1111 but is 1111111111 and the calculation fields do not work.  Ideas?

TOPICS
Create PDF , Fill and sign , How to , Send for signature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "made into a template" exactly which function do you use? Is this a reference to "Sign templates" -- https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/document-cloud/help/create-template.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  I created a 4 page form in Acrobat Pro DC containing fields whre the field properties are formatted as currency, phone numbers, along with some very basic calculation fields.  I then created a template using the method described in the link you sent.

When I send the form through the my Adobe Document Cloud account to a recipient, for tracking purposes, the properties for the fields no longer reflect how they were created and the calculation fields don't work either.  That being said, if I try and enter text in a field that was formatted as a number it will let me know that it needs to be a number. Unfortunatley, if one enters 10 it appeasr as just that rather than $10.00 which is how the field properties are set up. 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can you see at the field properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources