Highlighted

Help. Adobe won't let me cancel my subscription. Why?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to try to cancel my subscription. I go to where I can cancel it but the site tells me that I need to update my Internet Explorer. I have the latest version. I can't update to anything else. But all I want to do is have someone cancel my subscription. Why does Acrobat make this so hard to do?

Have you tried Firefox? You can use a much newer version of it even if your OS won't support the latest build of IE (10).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help. Adobe won't let me cancel my subscription. Why?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to try to cancel my subscription. I go to where I can cancel it but the site tells me that I need to update my Internet Explorer. I have the latest version. I can't update to anything else. But all I want to do is have someone cancel my subscription. Why does Acrobat make this so hard to do?

Have you tried Firefox? You can use a much newer version of it even if your OS won't support the latest build of IE (10).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't get hold of customer service.  I hate having to go through what I think is a run-around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2013 5
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I downloaded FireFox and could then access my subscriptions to cancel. Thank you ever so much. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2013 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same experience, deliberately making it difficult to cancel  - excessive hoops to jump through plus charging you 50% of contract on what is supposed to be a monthly rolling contract = very poor customer experience

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2015 5
emath LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. 
I am trying to cancel my subscription a week after I got trial for the following reasons:

• Did not let me install the programs
  • To try and get my full refund.

So far I have been transferred to 3 different people. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I canceled my annual subscription last month. It took half an hour to find the chat person that could do this. There is no way to cancel online except chat. The cancel was at 1 pm and I received an email saying the subscription was canceled. At 10:30 pm I now see that ADOBE re-activated the damn subscription so I'm waiting again to CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION. You charged me again! I already paid $240 to use your product for one month and NOW YOU WON'T LET GO OF MY MONEY. CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2015 3
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here, just fellow users. I would suggest trying here: Cancel your membership or subscription | Acrobat, Acrobat.com online services

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Acrobat.com Services forum]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the exact same thing.  How is this possible they re-activate?  I'm ready to call the BBB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you are asking - this topic is about canceling a service, you ask about re-activation...

Did you Contact Customer Care ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2015 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to cancel too and the option was not where their support forum said it would be. i wrote two times to their support chat and was ignored. i finally waited two weeks and the cancel option appeared with chat window with the promise that they would try to keep me a member if i chatted with them. i told them what happened and they argued with me that until i cancel i'll keep getting charged. ignoring each time i told them i tried to cancel and wasn't permitted and support wouldn't respond to me. this company is not one i would recommend to anyone. stay away from adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2017 1
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a way to cancel it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe apparently has a policy of stealing peoples' money after gaining a subscription. I just went through an hour of false links and runaround. I think it cancelled, but who knows now. I took screenshots of my efforts and am going to contact the FTC if they commit wire fraud to continue charging me.

I recommend you complain to an appropriate government agency with your grievances.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too cannot fond way to cancel yikes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 0
Resources