Highlighted

How can I edit a PDF exported to Word? The Word document remains an uneditable picture

New Here ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I purchased Export PDF, I did so because the advertisement stated that I could "make scanned text editable with optical character recognition."  There are no directions for doing that. It does not appear that there is any tool for doing that in Export PDF. What I got when I "exported" a PDF was no different than the original PDF.

Hello Grgscmp,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, when exported a PDF file to Word document, you are not able to edit the Word document, Is that correct?

Does the original PDF file contain only images or text? If it contains text, then you can click on Enable all features option that appears on the top right side of the Word document. Consequently, it will enable editing in the word file.

If the original files have images only, then the converted Word file will also have images which cannot be edited. Have you tried converting any other PDF file?

I checked the records with your current Adobe ID and found that the Adobe ExportPDF service is canceled and inactive. To export the PDF to Word document, you have to subscribe to the service again. For detailed information, you can refer to FAQ | Adobe Export PDF, Document Cloud

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I edit a PDF exported to Word? The Word document remains an uneditable picture

New Here ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I purchased Export PDF, I did so because the advertisement stated that I could "make scanned text editable with optical character recognition."  There are no directions for doing that. It does not appear that there is any tool for doing that in Export PDF. What I got when I "exported" a PDF was no different than the original PDF.

Hello Grgscmp,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, when exported a PDF file to Word document, you are not able to edit the Word document, Is that correct?

Does the original PDF file contain only images or text? If it contains text, then you can click on Enable all features option that appears on the top right side of the Word document. Consequently, it will enable editing in the word file.

If the original files have images only, then the converted Word file will also have images which cannot be edited. Have you tried converting any other PDF file?

I checked the records with your current Adobe ID and found that the Adobe ExportPDF service is canceled and inactive. To export the PDF to Word document, you have to subscribe to the service again. For detailed information, you can refer to FAQ | Adobe Export PDF, Document Cloud

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Grgscmp,

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 1
Resources