• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I enter form fields and print on a protected PDF?

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a government form that is protected, and I need to fill in the FIELDS and print the form which the security settings allow, but Fill and Sign will NOT. I am able to do this using desktop acrobat, foxit, and any other PDF viewer I try. Just not the cloud version.

I'm very frustrated because I had to buy a years subscription to find out I can't use it for the most basic application I have for the service. This seems like a major oversight unless I'm missing something that should be obvious

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Hi daniela92692680,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Usage of Fill and Sign: A flat form does not have interactive fields. It could be a paper form or PDF that hasn’t been optimised for form filling. However, you can use the Fill & Sign tools to add text and other symbols anywhere on the form. You can save frequently used information securely in your personal autofill collection. Next time, just drag and drop information to complete forms faster.

Reference: Fill and sign PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Fill & Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more information, the form was created using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 11.0 and is PDF-1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi daniela92692680,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Usage of Fill and Sign: A flat form does not have interactive fields. It could be a paper form or PDF that hasn’t been optimised for form filling. However, you can use the Fill & Sign tools to add text and other symbols anywhere on the form. You can save frequently used information securely in your personal autofill collection. Next time, just drag and drop information to complete forms faster.

Reference: Fill and sign PDF forms using Adobe Acrobat Fill & Sign 

I would suggest not use Fill and Sign with LiveCycle created form. You can use Adobe Reader or Acrobat with LiveCycle form. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources