• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you add collapsible and expandable text from a bookmark or header in a PDF document?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a word document that includes headers with collapsable and expandable text. I know that when you convert the word document to PDF, the text with headers and its text is not also saved in the PDF. Is there a way to add this in a PDF document to condense text to be visible to the reader and then clicked on to hide the text. 

Thanks,

TOPICS
Create PDF , Export PDF , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck trying to fix that? I would like to know how to do it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use a script to do that, and it won't be collapsible in the sense that the rest of the document "re-flows" when you close it. You can hide text by placing a white form field on top of it and making that field visible, but then you'll end up with white space on the page where the text was located. PDF files are simply not dynamic in this way (unless they are a very special kind of PDF created in LiveCycle Designer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! But it is out of my reach...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to send me the file I'm happy to look into it and give you a quote for implementing it for you.

You can send it to [try6767 at gmail.com] and we'll discuss it further via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources