• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do assign Export PDF to another user in my organization?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an IT guy, I just install software. One of our users asked for Export PDF. I logged into our account to manage users and our team and I made the purchase. So now I have access to the service, but I don't want it. I don't have MS Office and I don't create PDF documents. I need to give access to one of our Admin folks, how do I do that?

Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

The online Document Cloud services are for individual users, and the service/subscription cannot be transferred from one user to another. Online Document Cloud services cannot be deployed as an application on user's machines.

Adobe Desktop applications like Acrobat can be deployed for pool users.

These services are included in the license of Acrobat Pro/Standard. So if Acrobat Pro/Standard is installed on users machines, they will be able to access the online Document Cloud services as well.

These

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shawn,

As per the description above, you want to give access/assign Adobe ExportPDF service to another user, and you have purchased the service on your Adobe ID(email), Is that correct?

Adobe ExportPDF service is an online Document cloud service, and only you can access Adobe Export PDF using your web browser, Adobe Acrobat Reader desktop software, or your mobile device as the subscription is purchased on your Adobe ID.

It cannot be transferred to another user, or the access to the service cannot be given to another user.

You have to place the order of the subscription on the Adobe ID of the user who wants to access the services.

For purchase, you can refer to Export PDF to Word or Excel online | Adobe Export PDF

If you wish to unsubscribe your subscription, you can refer to Cancel your membership or subscription | Adobe Acrobat, Document Cloud PDF services

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is that if anyone in my organization wants access to Export PDF, the IT department should correctly respond with "go stuff it" as there is no way for us to purchase this service for them.

So how do other IT departments function? Are you saying we should let users purchase their own services? I will tell my boss to issue a company credit card to all user and submit my resignation right away.

In the long term... should we be looking for a new vendor for corporate solutions? Are all of your products moving towards self service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online Document Cloud services are for individual users, and the service/subscription cannot be transferred from one user to another. Online Document Cloud services cannot be deployed as an application on user's machines.

Adobe Desktop applications like Acrobat can be deployed for pool users.

These services are included in the license of Acrobat Pro/Standard. So if Acrobat Pro/Standard is installed on users machines, they will be able to access the online Document Cloud services as well.

These online Document Cloud subscription/license/services are individual, it's not sold for a pool of users like a helpdesk.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and got the same answer.  You should tell admins AHEAD OF TIME that they cannot use this feature.  This is now a waste of money for my organization.  I'll be shopping for a new vendor; there are many other organizations that provide PDF products nowadays.  What a scam....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources