• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit my PDF document?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to edit my PDF document as I correct modify the way I prefer to update it. How do I do it ?

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Hi Emmanuelr66263524,

How you have been trying to edit the PDF document? please let us know the application you are using for editing?

As you can not edit any PDF document directly without Adobe Acrobat pro/std dc subscription(paid services).

I have checked your account but couldn't find any service registered under it.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Summary: How to Edit a PDF.

Note that these are instructions directly edit (and permanently change) the content in the PDF. Editorial mark up and commenting is in the next section below.

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat Standard or Pro. FYI, the free Adobe Reader does not have tools for editing a PDF.

2. Open the Edit PDF tool panel. It's either already docked to the right side of your screen, or you can open it from the TOOLS tab (upper left corner).
    Open the Edit PDF tool panel.Open the Edit PDF tool panel.

3. Two sets of tools appe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emmanuelr66263524,

How you have been trying to edit the PDF document? please let us know the application you are using for editing?

As you can not edit any PDF document directly without Adobe Acrobat pro/std dc subscription(paid services).

I have checked your account but couldn't find any service registered under it.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported it to word doc and want to edit the document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taxes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing it on this document the other day, but I don't know how I did it. Can you just tell me how

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what was the plan I signed up yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then I will not use Adope Acrobat as we are using the one installed with the PC Adope Acrobat Reader DC - normal PDF.

Thank you and cancel my free trial.

Kind regards,

Zenta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just paid for a subscription of the DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this problem can not be fixed, let me know how I can cancel my current subscription to Adobe PDF Pack.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I purchase the edit pro function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandram,

In order to use the "Edit" functionality, you need to subscribe for either Adobe Acrobat DC/Acrobat Std DC.

Please check- Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very misleading.  cancel my membersip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Acrobat standard DC plan how do I edit the document? As in, how can i edit my text in the pdf document?

Thank you,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Edit panel on the right side of your screen.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I have tried to purchase a new account (which I dont need by the way) and am told that I cannot because I need to purchase a different type of product, because I already have Adobe Acrobat. I really need to get this document edited and I don't want to purchase another plan. I already have Adobe Acrobat and should be able to edit PDF documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using adobe pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have acrobat/Pro and I am unable to edit a document. need help with that. In trying to get this straightened out I have inadvertently activated a free test subscription that I don't need please cancel this test and repair whatever the problem is with my current Adobe Acrobat Pro/PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe Customer service and we can't straighten out account issues. We are just fellow users of the products. Contact Adobe - as soon as possible, and you MIGHT avoid a cancellation fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an account with Adobe DC Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you just tell me how to do it instead of all these conversations I don't care about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the delay in response.

Please refer to the steps suggested to edit PDF in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/edit-text-images-pdf-files.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many plans must one buy? this is ridiculous. CANCEL MY FREE TRIAL  AM MNO LONGER INTERESTED 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE TRIED TO SIGN UP FOR ACROBAT PRO AND ACROBAT READER, EVERY TIME I TYRY TO USE A FUNCTION, I AM TOLD I MUST BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT EDITING A DOCUMENT SHOULD BE INCLUDED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Summary: How to Edit a PDF.

Note that these are instructions directly edit (and permanently change) the content in the PDF. Editorial mark up and commenting is in the next section below.

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat Standard or Pro. FYI, the free Adobe Reader does not have tools for editing a PDF.

2. Open the Edit PDF tool panel. It's either already docked to the right side of your screen, or you can open it from the TOOLS tab (upper left corner).
    Open the Edit PDF tool panel.Open the Edit PDF tool panel.

3. Two sets of tools appear, one across the top of the screen, the other in the right-side panel.
    — Click inside a paragraph of text and you can add, delete, and format text.
    — Click on the 3 dots ... in the upper right toolbar for more options.
    — Click on an image and you can select Replace Image from the right-side panel.
    Tools to edit/add and format text.Tools to edit/add and format text.
  4. Note that you can't edit an image directly in Acrobat because the software doesn't have image editing features. But you can open it in your preferred graphics program, make the image adjustments there, and bring the revised graphic back into Acrobat.

Open a graphic in another program to edit it.Open a graphic in another program to edit it.

How to make editorial markups in a PDF.

These are generally used by editors and proofreaders to place visible editing marks on the PDF. These tools do not actually change the content like the above tools.

2. Open the Comment tool panel. It's either already docked to the right side of your screen, or you can open it from the TOOLS tab (upper left corner).
    Open the Comments tool panel.Open the Comments tool panel.

3. Two sets of tools appear, one across the top of the screen, the other in the right-side panel.
    — Tools across the top let you mark-up the text: insert, delete/cross-out, add text, and draw symbols and call-out boxes.
    — The right side holds a list of comments that have been added to the PDF.
    Tools for editorial mark-up and comments.Tools for editorial mark-up and comments.

4. To change the color of any comment or editorial markup, either:
    — Right click on the comment, select Properties, and choose another color. It can be a one-time change or for comments going forward.
    — If your screen is wide enough, you might have the color circle icon in the top toolbar.
    Change a tool's color.Change a tool's color.

Suggestions:

• The default blue used for editorial markups is difficult to see in a PDF (in the above screen capture, there's one just below the subhead "Basic Lists"). So I change my color to a bright red which helps everyone spot where the editorial changes are to be made.
  • When you click a comment in the right-side comment panel, the actual comment will be highlighted in the PDF text.
  • Other editors can reply to a comment directly in the original comment. Very handy way to have a group discussion about the content.
  • And the little checkbox can be used to indicate that the editorial change has been accepted. (But remember, the checkbox doesn't actually change the content in the PDF — Comment Tools are only editorial markup and comments.)

Hope this helps Acrobat users.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources