• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I "save as" each document so that I don't overwrite the original?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a blank copy of document I want to keep blank in Fill & Sign, but when I click done it saves all the info I added.  How do I "save as" each document so that I don't overwrite the original?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Hey Thomas,

We suggest you to fill this feature request form and helps us with your feedback- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hqbrunswick,

Are you working on Adobe Acrobat Reader desktop application or Acrobat Reader mobile app? Because "Fill & Sign" feature doesn't give you "Done" option to save the changes.

Please share the screenshot of the option that you see above- https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

If you are working on desktop application, then before making any changes in the document, you may have to save a copy of the original form with a different name using "Save As" option. Open pdf>File>Save As

So that, as you are willing that the changes apply to the pdf doesn't overwrite the content of the pdf every time you add something.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email of this question four days ago and got a response the day of.  This forum took 4 days to get a response: POOR

Thomas M. Ormsby,

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about the poor experience.

Your initial query was posted on non working day (weekend) which has caused the delay in response to your query.

Let us know if your issue still hasn't been resolved or any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can help us by making the fill & sign have an option to "Save As" a different document name.  Clicking the "done" tab overwrites the entire document and each time I want to fill it out I have to re-download it.

Thank you,

Thomas M. Ormsby

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Thomas,

We suggest you to fill this feature request form and helps us with your feedback- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources