Highlighted

How do I stop documents opening in Microsoft Edge instead of adobe

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My documents open in Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe so I can't edit the documents. Any tips?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Two things to try

1. Start Reader. Maybe it will say "Reader is not the default app to open files" and offer to fix it. Does it work? If not, try

2. Start Reader. Use Help > Repair installation. Does it work? If not, try

3. Start Reader. Go to Edit > Preferences. Click General tab. Near the bottom, click Select As Default PDF Handler (a button).

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I stop documents opening in Microsoft Edge instead of adobe

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My documents open in Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe so I can't edit the documents. Any tips?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Two things to try

1. Start Reader. Maybe it will say "Reader is not the default app to open files" and offer to fix it. Does it work? If not, try

3. Start Reader. Go to Edit > Preferences. Click General tab. Near the bottom, click Select As Default PDF Handler (a button).

TOPICS
ExportPDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! The first suggestion worked perfectly. Much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to *permanently* stop Edge from setting itself as default for PDF when MS updates are installed ?  I keep having to do this over and over.  Microsoft, of course, offer ZERO help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 1
Resources