Highlighted

How do I update or change a PDF in the Document Cloud without having to create a new Shared Link?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update or change a PDF in the Document Cloud without having to create a new Shared Link?  I have an existing document in the Adobe Document Cloud.  The shared link has been sent to many users.  Can I edit the document so the end users see the changes without having to send a new link, if so how is this done?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat.com Cloud Storage, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I update or change a PDF in the Document Cloud without having to create a new Shared Link?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update or change a PDF in the Document Cloud without having to create a new Shared Link?  I have an existing document in the Adobe Document Cloud.  The shared link has been sent to many users.  Can I edit the document so the end users see the changes without having to send a new link, if so how is this done?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat.com Cloud Storage, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 02, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mosley wh29681322,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to update/change a pdf in document cloud without creating a new shared link for the pdf, is that correct?

You may try sharing file with "review file" option and check if that works for you. 

Refer to the following help document which explains more:

Share and track PDFs online using Adobe Document Cloud

Thanks,

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately review wont work because I do not want to have end users access to change the document.   I just need to make corrections to the document without changing the link they were originally sent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mosley wh,

As far as I know, an option to make changes (annotation) on the pdf for you or for the recipient is only available when you share a file using "review file" option. If sent using "view file" option, you also wouldn't be able to add annotations on the pdf.

-shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately review wont work because I do not want to have end users access to change the document.   I just need to make corrections to the document without changing the link they were originally sent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I still have the same issue. Is there a solution?

I shared a PDF file with many people who can edit. Now I want to update that PDF but keep the same link. Is that possible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I have a license, I shared a document via Adobe Document Cloud using Acrobat for Windows, I see comments fed back but when I make changes to the contents of the forms and click DONE it closes the file with no warning of unsaved changes. When I reopen the shared file, it shows new comments but my changes are gone. 

Is the sender not able to make any changes to the contents of a shared file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 1
Resources