• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many GB of acrobat.com cloud storage is free, and how do I get more if I need it?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many GB of acrobat.com cloud storage is free, and how do I get more if I need it?

TOPICS
Create PDF , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Update –

The answer to this question has changed recently:

• Adobe Document Cloud: Store and access files online with 2GB of free storage or get 100GB with an Acrobat DC subscription.

[Source: Adobe Document Cloud language tiers]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, we are providing 5GB of free storage. There is not currently a way to purchase more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bob,

is there a way to see how much storage we use and also how much remains?

if I buy the adobe cloud solution, what is the 20 gb cloud storage option ? from acrobat.com?

i have all my pdf here in acrobat.com, can you say me what is the best solution for me?

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Treitman,

Is there an upload file size limit?

Cheers!

Jorge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a hard limit at this time, but we are aware of issues that users are encountering uploading large files, particularly those that take a while to upload. We are working to resolve this issue.

How large are the files that you want to upload? How fast is your upload connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. File size: 75 MB

2. Connection speed: 2 Mb/s, I think it's 2 megabits, not megabytes per second (I live in Peru).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have a problem uploading a file of that size at that upload speed. Please let me know if you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I have signed up for free trial version of Acrobat DC Pro an intend to subscribe as the features are very nice for my work of studying Sanskrit text and making comment and note while sharing between my devices. Problem that I am facing is these files are large (+100MB) and the upload is incredibly slow to the cloud and then upload fails almost every time. As well the documents viewed (small do, large do not) do not show up in my recent folder device to device, only on the device used to originally open; and comments made to document are not save/viewable on cloud/other device, only only device used to edit. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I see that you've been having another forum discussion on this with Rahul. Could you do me a favor and test your internet connection upload and download speeds at http://testmy.net? The fact that it's taking you 5 minutes to upload a 1MB file indicates that you have a very slow connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 310MB file created with Acrobat DC that contains a/v links. Errors are encountered when trying to upload the file. Is there an alternate way to get the file in Document Cloud.

If I assume that it could be uploaded, Will the A/v links work on an ipad? Or is there any other way to utilize the a/v link on an ipad or iphone.

Will the links only be free to others for as long as I subscribe to Acrobat DC?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carmen,

310 MB is well within the 5 GB that all users get for free (even without a subscription).

Adobe Document Cloud language tiers

So this is not a question of file size for Adobe.

Since DC is a cloud service, there is no other way to get files up there except by uploading.

If you're having difficulties uploading a large file, then your best bet is to try another browser, a different computer, or a better/faster Internet connection (wired instead of Wi-Fi, if possible)... Many Internet connections do not upload nearly as fast as they can download.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

If I did manage to get the file uploaded to Document Cloud, will the embedded audio and video links work on an ipad using the acrobat app? I am able to upload this large file with embedded link A/V links to Dropbox, but the A/V links do not work. However, the a/v links did work on a smaller file with fewer A/v links.

Once it is in the cloud, do I have to remain a subscriber to maintain limited access to the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, happy to help!

The 5 GB minimum Document Cloud space is free and yours to use and keep, whether for subscribers or non-subscribers.

As for behavior, the PDF file content should generally behave the same whether on the desktop or mobile... File size shouldn't be a factor there. But if you are concerned or unsure, the best thing is to test/try it yourself to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to comply with your email, but I don't see a "correct" button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check if my free cloud storage is full or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the previous response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this thread is still open, yet I'm having issues saving a document to Acrobat.com. I'm using my tablet with Android and a message appears that reads something like "Not enough memory available. The file cannot be uploaded".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a memory issue with your Android tablet, not an issue with how much storage space you have on Acrobat.com.

I suggest that you post your question in this forum: Adobe Reader for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem. I dont know how to proceed.  Instead of having plenty of free storage on my document cloud I receive the message:

"Not enough memory available. The file cannot be uploaded" when trying to upload a file of 110 mb. I'm frustrated.  I didn't find a proper answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelo,

What does it say when you go here?

https://assets2.adobe.com/activity/settings

You can manage your online cloud storage here:

https://cloud.acrobat.com/documentcloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; I would like to know if there will ever come a time when Adobe will end up reducing its GB like dropbox for free users who signed up?

For example, if it is 5GB right now 6 months to 2 years from now free users will be limited to 1 GB?

Please respond to my inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you are probably looking for an "official" answer from Adobe staff but my instincts tell me that they are not able to foresee something that may happen in the future...unless of course, they are psychic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later it's still 5 GB free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

todors96859581 wrote:

2 years later it's still 5 GB free?

Yes – per this page, all Reader users get 5 GB free, while Acrobat subscribers receive 20 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources