• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable: "who needs to fill and sign first"

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today, any time I open a PDF and go to "Fill and Sign" in the toolbar, it goes to a screen first that asks "who needs to fill and sign first?".

I open hundreds of PDFs per day and already can't have it automatically go to "Fill and Sign". This additional step is unbearable.

Please let me know how to disable this (and how to have Fill and Sign open automatically when opening a PDF if that has been resolved).

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Hi Benb, 

What you are referring above is new experience of signing document, which is introduced with the latest update of Adobe Acrobat.

Fill and Sign and Adobe Sign (formerly known as Send for Signature) are now consolidated into a single Sign tool where you can either fill & sign a document or get a document signed from others. It includes a simplified experience that asks you who needs to fill and sign first: you or others and then walks you through the steps to complete the task. It's the o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benb, 

What you are referring above is new experience of signing document, which is introduced with the latest update of Adobe Acrobat.

Fill and Sign and Adobe Sign (formerly known as Send for Signature) are now consolidated into a single Sign tool where you can either fill & sign a document or get a document signed from others. It includes a simplified experience that asks you who needs to fill and sign first: you or others and then walks you through the steps to complete the task. It's the one place for all your form filling and signature needs.

Your feedback is valuable, if you did not like this change then we suggest you to file a feature request here. Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding 1 extra step for each of the hundreds of PDFs I open every day does not provide a "Simplified Experience".

This issue is being discussed at length in this post: Re: Default for "Who needs to fill and sign first?"  so you can close this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS FEATURE SUCKS ROYALLY! as many have said, when one does not use the send for signature feature and open hundreds of documents every week, having to do an extra step consistently WASTES VALUABLE TIME! Why would any person with common sense change this? WHy would you consolidate it? Good Lord, that is stupid. FIX it, you've cost hundreds if of thousands of people valuable work time. We don't all use Send for signataure !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cheri,

Sorry for the trouble.

Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the application.

As you receive the message, would you mind sharing the Acrobat version installed on the machine?

Also, share the screenshot of the message you receive.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is infuriating. I'm in academia, I use Acrobat to read and annotate about 95% of the time and to sign things about 5%. I get that many people do use it to fill and sign forms but to have this thing pop up every time I open a document is just really annoying. By all means keep it as a thing but at least make it optional, and give a way to turn it off in preerences (something which doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources