Highlighted

How to edit a pdf?

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to DC so I could edit PDFs .. but I still can't! When I hit edit PDF it directs me to free trial, which tells me I've already subscribed to DC, which I was already in.  Its already cost me more time and aggravation than I care to admit. Any advice? I found the same question in this community but there was no answer other than purchase DC. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to edit a pdf?

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to DC so I could edit PDFs .. but I still can't! When I hit edit PDF it directs me to free trial, which tells me I've already subscribed to DC, which I was already in.  Its already cost me more time and aggravation than I care to admit. Any advice? I found the same question in this community but there was no answer other than purchase DC. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual cause is this: if you use Acrobat Reader it can NEVER edit. Once you've followed the hints and subscribed, you also have to download, and install, and use Acrobat Pro instead of Reader. This is pretty confusing because some of the rights you subscribe to magically appear in Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did download and install but everything ends up in reader. The one time I tried to edit something I made on my own I had a grid on the page that I couldn't get rid of.  Would it make sense to uninstall reader so everything comes up in pro? I'm sure I sound like an idiot! But thanks for any help you can give.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ljay,

Thanks for checking and trying the suggestion given by expert. Yes, your assumptions are correct. If its keep redirecting to Adobe Reader, then probably Reader is set up as default pdf viewer. 

Since you have purchased Acrobat DC's subscription, so you can uninstall the freeware Adobe Reader to avoid confusion.

Once done, open Acrobat DC and make sure you are Signed In in the app with your Adobe ID and password. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 0
Resources