• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to send documents through e-mail

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to send my documents to somebody through e-mail, but I do not know how to do that.

Would somebody tells me? Thank you.

[Moved from the general, non-support Forum Lounge to a product-specific support forum - Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends entirely on your email client, but you can attach most documents the same way you would attach any other kind of file.

What kind of documents are you trying to send? What operating system are you using? What email client are you using?

Also, what part in this process does Adobe software play? This questions, on its face, seems like it's entirely unrelated to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry. My question is vague. I am trying to send the document in Adobe document cloud. It seems I can save Adobe documents into cloud, so I saved my documents in there. However, I found a trouble when I tried to send them to somebody. In addition, I am using g-mail. At first, I thought I could find the document from the attachment file button on g-mail, but I could not find the file in adobe document cloud. Therefore, I attempted to send the document to recipient from Adobe document cloud. If my question is still vague, please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You cannot send Creative Cloud stored documents via Gmail.  If you want to use Gmail, use Google Drive.

If you want to share files on your Creative Cloud Space, you must initiate the process using the Creative Cloud asset sharing system.  The system will automatically send email invites to the people you designate.  For details, follow the help article I posted in the 2nd forum reply.

Repeated for clarity: Sharing Assets on your Creative Cloud space.

Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. Actually, I am applying scholarship, and I need to send an agreement with scholarship institution through e-mail. Therefore, I signed the agreement through Adobe. However, I am not sure if I can share my application with the institution through Google Drive because it directs me to send necessary documents in .docx or PDF format. Do you have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

docx and pdf can be sent through any email program or service. As long as that document is stored on your computer, it can be sent using anything you prefer using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Near the print icon there is an email icon click on that and choose "attach to email"  and send your file through gmail account,

see the image

1. click on Email icon and choose Attach to Email

2.gif

2. Click on "Use Webmail" and from the drop down menu choose Add Gmail

3.gif

3. Type the recipient Email Address and Click OK

4.gif

4. And now click on continue button and the google dialog box will open up type your gmail account and the file will attach and send the file

5.gif

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I do not have Adobe Acrobat pro DC, so I have to download it, but I do not want to spend money for software. I know I can download free, but do you know the way to download it without pay for the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried to send the attachment document to someone today and they never recieve my email etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jacintav,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, when you are trying to send a document as an attachment, the users are not getting your email, is that correct?

Are you using the freeware Adobe Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat (paid license/subscription) to send any PDF file as an attachment in the email? Is email is configured in Adobe Reader?

Have you checked with the user and ask them to check your email in Spam/Junk folder? Have you checked the sent email in sent/outbox of your default email?

If attach to email option is not working, you can refer to the following Adobe article Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Is it possible to share a screenshot of the error/issue you get? To share the screenshot, please refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Is it a Mac or Windows machine? What is the dot version of Adobe Reader/Acrobat installed? To identify, please refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Gmail account?  Upload files to Google Drive.

Step 1: Open Gmail in your browser, then click Compose to create a new message.

Step 2: Near the bottom of the new-mail window, locate and click the Google Drive icon.

Step 3: Now you'll see the contents of your Google Drive. Choose one or more files, then select the Attachment option in the bottom-right corner.

Sharing Assets on your Creative Cloud space.

Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried to email someone but it has error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources