• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sign a PDF digitally in Ubuntu Operating System.

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I sign a pdf with a certificate using the cloud?  I really want a solution I can use from ubuntu, but there doesn't seem to be one.

I need to be able to digitally sign company documents with a certificate.  My laptop is ubuntu, not windows or mac.  Is there an application for ubuntu?  or is there a cloud service that would allow me to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gail Agmednet,

The support of Reader and the digital sign and the feature are  not available in Ubuntu. You may refer to the following KB doc which discusses the similar issue Where to get Acrobat Reader for Ubuntu?  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1905725

I have also shared more information via private message, please check your email inbox.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++Updating this old thread,

A  PDF that is shared with other recipients via Adobe Sign can be filled and signed from any computing device, regardless of operating system, using any supported web browser (there is no need to have Adobe Reader or a paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro).

NOTE#1

The ability on how to employ a certificate-based digital signature on a PDF document varies among different operating systems.

Specifically using smart cards. The references below may be helpful:

NOTE#2

You may also use Adobe Online Services via web browser (a subscription plan to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is required) to Fill and Sign PDFs electronically using any supported web browser regardless of operating system:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources