How to stop PDF's getting saved on multiple laptops not connected on purpose?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my daughter and I save a PDF file to our laptops, another copy is also being saved on the other one's system away at school 120km away. We have never used each others system nor understand how this is happening. Any ideas how to stop this?

Thank you in advance,

Dad-Sara

TOPICS
Create PDF, Export PDF, Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to stop PDF's getting saved on multiple laptops not connected on purpose?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my daughter and I save a PDF file to our laptops, another copy is also being saved on the other one's system away at school 120km away. We have never used each others system nor understand how this is happening. Any ideas how to stop this?

Thank you in advance,

Dad-Sara

TOPICS
Create PDF, Export PDF, Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you save the files in the Document Cloud?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same Adobe ID (login) for both computers? Do you have a shared subscription to something?

You say it is saved to the other person's computer. In exactly which folder is it saved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She does use PDF files or even signed up for the service. Are computers are linked some how as when she deletes the file off her Desktop it removes it from mine as well. 

This has me stumped, but Im not super techy.

Thank you for your help, any ideas??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Im not

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound like Adobe's stuff, because even when you share files, it doesn't use your desktop. It sounds like some other kind of file sharing or backup system you both have, and have accidentally signed in with the same account. Does it happen only with PDF files, or also with other files saved? If it's only PDFs, what app do you save your PDFs from?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you disconnect the internet connection?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Resources