• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to un-share a PDF file which got shared accidentally?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I unshare a document? Please advise as the document has been accidentally shared to the wrong recipient and the contents of the document is confidential

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

You can remove the file which you have uploaded to  the Document Cloud Storage. To manage the file refer to Manage and work with your files stored in Adobe Document Cloud

And sadly, there isn't much that can be done to cease the recipient's access to the document.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lionelt75225665,

As per the description above, you want to unshare a file which you shared accidentally with the wrong recipient, Is that correct?

Sadly, once the file is sent, you cannot retrieve it back, as there is no such option available. To manage the files stored in the Document Cloud, you can refer to Manage and work with your files stored in Adobe Document Cloud

Hope this helps, and let us know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If unsharing was not an option, is there a workaround to prevent or cease the recipient's access to the document? e.g. deleting the file? Please advise.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the file which you have uploaded to  the Document Cloud Storage. To manage the file refer to Manage and work with your files stored in Adobe Document Cloud

And sadly, there isn't much that can be done to cease the recipient's access to the document.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe in 2017 you could not, however in 2021 you can unshare your file once you log into your Adobe.com account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if someone already downloaded it then you can't prevent them from opening it or sharing it further, unless you protect it using DRM technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday,  I signed a document using Sign Yourself button in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I then shared a document with someone using the Share A Link to this File, also in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC   The link I copied had the URL beginning with  https://au1.documents.adobe.com/public .... I copied the link and pasted it on my email and sent it off.  Now I am trying to get the access to this document removed as it was downloaded already. I cannot seem to do this. I have copies of the same documents (unsigned) in my Adobe Cloud. It isn't the same document. I deleted these files. But the link is still alive and the file is still accessible.  My questions are - 

1) The URL starting with  https://au1.documents.adobe.com/public  - does this mean anyone in the adobe cloud can view this document without the link? 

2) In searching through the file, in Adobe Sign > Manage > Archived is a copy of the signed document. The Audit report shows the transaction ID that is also in the URL. And the date and timestamp matches the document. BUT I CANNOT UNSHARE or DELETE THIS! 

3) If this file in the Archive folder is deleted, WOULD this delete the document the URL link is accessing? 

4) Can Adobe just delete it for me??? 

Hope someone can assist. It is very stressful... 😞

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to resolve this issue by logging into Adobe Sign, then going to Account > Privacy 

I entered my email address where it says "enter email address to search".  Then pressed <enter> on the keyboard. The file I needed to delete was in Archived. 

I noticed that when the link of the file you are sharing starts with  https://au1.documents.adobe.com/public......     then it is in the Archived folder if you cannot find it in any other folders.  

I deleted the file and the URL is invalidated. 

Hope this helps anyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and I entered a ticket with Adobe.  I had a user send a bulk request that they shared with someone.  They wanted to remove the share but Adobe reported back it is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ronald26136313o71r,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind elaborating on the above statement?

Please let us know which option you were trying to remove.

It would be helpful if you could share the complete workflow you wish to achieve and what the issue is.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources